cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree UI element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I really appreciate this forum for all of the the help its members provide. I'm developing an application in WDA where I need to use 'tree UI element'.

So I have a tree under which i directly have several 'tree item type' UI elements ( no node type since i want items directly in the second level which i do not want to expand)

My problem is that when I click a button the view in which i have the tree is loaded ( the view is in a view container).

The tree by default is expanded to show the child elements. I don't want the tree to be expanded by default. The user should be able to expand it by clicking on the expand / drop arrow and only then should he be able to see the child elements or else the entire purpose of the tree is gone.

How should i do that could some one provide a solution.

Also, the expand property of the root of the tree is to be controlled. And it does not have the 'expanded' property in the list of properties.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

i think the problem is

> So I have a tree under which i directly have several 'tree item type' UI elements ( no node type since i want items directly in the second level which i do not want to expand)

if you have tree node type then you will have isExpaned,isFolder attibutes.

so make your context such a way that you have the recursion node under another node with cardinality of 0..n.

for example

--tree_node ..cardinality 0..n

--- tree_node_type 0..n

--recuursion_node

--- all your attributes here

--- isExpanded

--- hasChildren

View layout

-

bind tree datasource to --tree_node

bind tree node type dataSource to --- tree_node_type

bind other propertie like isExpaned,hasChildren to --- isExpanded, --- hasChildren