cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running SOLMAN_SETUP

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

I have installed Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1, setup the SAP GUI to connect to the system. I believe the next step is to run SOLMAN_SETUP basic configuration.

In oder to do this do i need to create a user?

At the moment when i open the SAP GUI and connect i get a screen which the following fields:

CLIENT [001]

USER {blank]

PASSWORD {xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Language [ ]

Should i be entering a default system user in here?

Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your posts.

I'm not sure i am as far up the road as people think and maybe i have missed a step.

In the SAP GUI i have created a connection under System Connection Parameters:

1. Description: <SAP Solution Manager>

2. Application Server: <Solution Manager Server Name>

3. Instance Number: 00

4. System ID: C01

5. SAP Router String: <left blank>

i then double click entry and it takes me into screen which shows:

Client [001]

User [ blank ]

Password[ blank ]

Language [blank]

Whatever combination i enter in here i cannot get past this screen.Either the options entered here or the master password setup during installation. I think i may have missed something?

Any one got any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Howard,

You can use the Emergency users, for that please follow the procedure

1. Set the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0 , this activate your emergency super user SAP*.

(Since you not able to login to the system,please set it in OS level and restart the sysem)

2,Now login to the systm with the user SAP* and the password as PASS(all caps) .

It should work.

once you login change the parameter to 1 to product the misuse of emergency user,more detail check the sap note

Note 68048 -

Thanks,

Jansi

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks i'll give that a try

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you just installed it SAP* should still be enabled

Are you sure you can't logon

Client: 000 or 001

User: SAP*

Password: 06071992

This should remain active until you perform this procedure: Defining a New Superuser and Deactivating SAP*

Described in this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3e/cdacecedc411d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

Deactivating the Hard-Coded SAP* User

You can also deactivate the hard-coded user SAP* by activating the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar. For more information, see SAP Note 68048.

So if you have not yet de-activated SAP*, then the following should still be valid

Client: 000 or 001

User: SAP*

Password: 06071992

Regards,

Paul

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply Paul. I think i may be getting somewhere now.

By putting in SAP/06071992 iam now getting error 'Password logon no longer possible. Too many failed attempts' rather than the 'Name ort password is incorrect' (I was putting in SAP 06071992PASS for that user)

I just need to reset SAP* password now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried logging on with

user: DDIC

pass: installation master password

???

This should work.

If not, what database are you running?

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I have managed to logon using DDIC / system master password, and i've got my license key installed.

I'm booked on Service VAR Expert Guided Implementation the week after next, so that should guide me the rest of the way.

Thanks everyone for the helpful and timely posts.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like Paul said u can use DDIC or SAP* for running SOLMAN_SETUP. In intial configuraton you will create SOLMAN_ADMIN or any other user which you will have to use for basic configuration and managed system configuration.

Refer to the SIM file for details

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000048292009F/

Regards,

Sohrab Kapoor

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

thats what i thought.

However, this is my first time lgging in, which username should i use to login? is there a default username and password

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have just installed Solution Manager, and have not already created users, then you have two users that you can use to logon with - SAP* otr DDIC for ABAP instances and Administrator for Java.

And the first time running SOLMAN_SETUP you start with Initial configuration, then Basic Configuration, then your managed system setup.

SAP* and DDIC are SAP Standard users and as such they have known passwords, which you can find in your installation manual or SMP. You will be offered an opportunity to change the passwords for SAP standard users.

You can getr the passwords here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3e/cdaccbedc411d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

I hope this helps move you forward.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you logged in to 001, remember to activate this parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar. This will be enable you to use username=SAP* in your productive client in Solution Manager.

Then logon to the productive client what was newly created and run SOLMAN_SETUP.

Regards

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Login with your user id and password and then run SOLMAN_SETUP. It will walk you through the process to create users and password.

Regards,

Digesh