cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with LinkToURL target attribute

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using LinkToURL and IFrame in my WebDynpro Java application. LinkToURL has the refrence as "http://www.google.com" and target is set as "myFrame" where myFrame is the IFrame id.

During design time,when I click on the LinkToURL control, it is displaying contents properly in the IFrame, but the same when I delpoy and run the application in browser, a new window is opened when clicked on LinkToURL control.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravindranath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additionally, according to the WebDynpro documentation for the "target" attribute of the LinkToURL UI Element:

target

Specifies the browser window in which the page is to be opened. You can specify the name of the target window yourself or use the following values, which comply with the W3C-HTML standard:

- _blank

The page is opened in a new window without a name. This is the default value.

- _self

The page is displayed in the same window as the link.

- _parent

The page is displayed in the superordinate browser window. If there is no superordinate window, the page is displayed in the same window as the link.

- _top

The page is opened in the original window of a frame hierarchy. If there is no frame hierarchy, the page is displayed in the same window as the link.

It seems that the "target" attribute does not accept references to an IFrame ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried logging or displaying on the UI the runtime value of the "target" attribute? Just to check that its value is properly set at runtime.

0 Kudos

Hi Charisse Basilio,

Runtime id of the IFrame UI element will be displayed as "NJDL.ViewName.frameID"

where ViewName is the name of the view in which both LinkToURL and IFrame UI elements are placed and frameId is the IFrame Id, but I donno what is NJDL. If I keep the target value for LinkToURL element as "NJDL.ViewName.frameID" in the design time, it will work perfectly fine during runtime.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravindranath

Edited by: Ravindranath Panduranga on Feb 7, 2011 7:30 AM

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

I gues there are soem limited number of values that you can give in the target property of the LINKTO URL.

by default value is _BLANK

you can go through this link.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define source property of the iframe as the url required.(Bind it to a context attribute if its dynamic)

Use link to action instead of linktourl and make the iframe visible in the action.

Regards

Deepak

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply.

Using the LinkToAction we can achieve this. But my requirement is to use only LinkToURL UI element and use the refrence and target attributes. We will not set any source attribute for the IFrame element during design time or runtime.

Refrence attribute of the LinkToURL will be automatically mapped to IFrame source attribute , if we provide the target attribute of LinkToURL as IFrame id during design time.

But the same wont work properly during runtime. Whenever I click on the LinkToURL, a new browser window will open.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravindranath