Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Distributor Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement as follows:

Before creating a Customer master, my client enters into an agreement with the distributor. A contract is made for a certain period, usually 1year. The distributor pays a security deposit of 5lakhs after which the distributorship is awarded to the customer and then the customer master is created in SAP.

Now my client wants to map this is SAP. The requirement is such that once the validity period of the distributorship contract is expired, we should not be able to create any sales orders. Also the client wants to capture the Bank details and check number in the customer master.

Can you please suggest how to map this in SAP. I was thinking about Value contracts. Bu this does not work for me since when I create a Sales Order with reference to a contract it deducts the amount in the contract. But my requirement is a little different. there is no sale happening with respect to contract amount. The contract is merely for agreement purpose between the customer and my client.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a widely used practice of distributorship.

Physical agreement can be stored in DMS (if available).

If requirement is to capture agreement details then the un-used extra fields of customer master can be used , else Module Pool (Z Development)

The deposit can be taken through FI JV - and it will hit a special GL (for deposit purpose) since it is not a revenue.

From GL - the Deposit track can be maintained.

For the 1 year contract period - you can schedule a background job to run everynight which will check all distributor's (maybe mapped th. customer group or dist. ch.) creation date and Agreement Date maintained in customer master or Z-Table and if it is more than 1 year then it will block the customer in XD05.

So basically - its not possible th. standard SAP - as per my understanding.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mr.Chak for your prompt response. I will definitely check this with my client and let you know of the outcome. Points have been awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved.

Thank you very much Mr.Chuck

Answers (0)