cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Bin Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have to create 4 types of storage bin type in the system and accordingly we have to create the bins. Now we have created the storage bin types in the spro logistics exewmmaster data-storage bindefine storage bin type. But the problem is when i am creating storage bins system is not asking for storage bin type.

Please also confirm what is the meaning of storage unit type, can we use storage bin type without using storage unit type.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Ishu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Like to add few points.

1. SUT check active - must me Ticked for the storage type.

2. When you work with the storage unit type ( loading quipment in which or on which material is placed) , system has to find

which the the suitable storage bin Type and then it find the suitable bin based on the putaway strategy for the storage type.

3. If you manually enter the storage bin during putaway, the WMS checks if the SUT may be used on the relevant storage bin.

Because all the SUT may not fit all the Bins . so we have relationship between the SUT and Storage bin type

Hope this will help you.

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have made SUT check active for the storage type, created storage unit type, storage bin type and maintained.

Activate Storage Type Search

Activate Storage Section Search

Activate Storage Bin Type Search

Now created storage bin within storage bin type within storage unit type. Also maintained putaway

Because all the SUT may not fit all the Bins . so we have relationship between the SUT and Storage bin type Storage type indicator for stock placement and stock section indicator.

But the problem is that, the TO number is not generated automatically now, earlier it was generated automatically.

Please help me.

Regards

Ishu

0 Kudos

HI ,

Can you please let us know what process you are doing in which the automatic TO should get created. Because system has to search a destination bin. Maintain the palatization data for material

Sanjay

0 Kudos

Hi

If the senario is during the goods receipts . When the TR is getting created in the foreground , then enter the number of storage units, the stock placement quantity for each storage unit and the storage unit type , This data is then copied into the transfer requirement and from there adopted in the transfer order.

You need to configure ( this help you to enter the pallatization data in TR)

WM - Interface - IM - Define movement type -> LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management ->

Additional data field - set value "1" - Transmit screen window for entering palletization data

Alternatevely ,

During the GR transaction MIGO, no palletization dialog box appears, but there is a palletization tab page. This field decides whether the palletization data entered there are to be included in the transfer requirement.

Please try and let us know

Sanjay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you maintaines the Palletizatiion data in WM 2 view

For example

100 pieces - BI

50 Pieces - B2 etc etc

This will decide where the stock goes along with your strategies

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please maintain below config your system.

LE->WM->Strategies---->Activate Storage Bin Type Search

Here need to Storage Unit types to Storage type & Storage Bin types to Storage Unit types.

Then system will ask you the bin type while creating bins.

Storage Unit type is generally known as loading equipment.When stocks are managing in warehouse, we can transfer materials on pallets of various sizes, such as European pallets or industrial pallets. Crates or pallets of materials that must be stored in different locations because of height or weight limits can be stored without unnecessary loss of space.

Rgds,

Kris.