cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network finally notified but material is not getting into stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a sales order for a configurable material (A). It's strategy group is "Assembly processing with network/project".

In CN08 i have assigned a standard network for this material. This standard network has different activities. The different components of this material (A) have been assigned to their correspondant activities.

I have notified every single activity and its componets through CN25, so final confirmation exists for this network.

The problem is that I thought the system would get configurable material (A) into stock automatically, but it doesn't (I thought i didn't need to create any production order).

I know i'm missing something. How should i proceed? Thanks in advance.

Luis.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I can throw some light to check the following.

1. Requirement class derived for the item in Sales Order & see the stock valuation option maintained. (Network can not have stock & the stock should Sales Order Stock)

2. Backflush indicator set in mat component detail screen.

3. Relevant settings in material master like Procurement type / individual - collective indicator etc..

4. -ve qty should be maintained in the network for the final product.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your quick response, I don't undestand point nº4: "-ve qty should be maintained in the network for the final product." Where do I have to maintain this quantity?

And where do I check stock valuation option? (This network is linked to one WBS element, and my stock should be project stock).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Negative quantity -

In order for the network to act like Production Order & deliver finished product upon confirmation, the BOM header material should have negative quantity "in your project, material component detail screens where you normally maintain quantity"

(+ve quantity means that you need this material to finish the network activity & -ve quantity means that you deliver this material when this network activity is finished).

Stock Valuation Option -

Standard SAP provides pre defined requirement type "KMPN" & requirement class "212" combination for a material needing Assembly Processing.

Check the requirement type detemined for your sales order line item ("Procurement" tab in Sales Order)

Check the linked requirement class via path "SPRO - SD - Basic Funtions - Availability Check & Transfer of requirements -

Define Requirement types"

Check the requirement class details via path "SPRO - SD - Basic Funtions - Availability Check & Transfer of requirements -

Define Requirement Classes".

Here you find Special Stock field in "Assembly" sub tab & Stock Valuation field in "Account Assignment" sub tab.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for you response, I think "negative quantity" could be the solution for my problem. Where do I exactly have to change this option? I can't find it.

Requirement type is "KMPN" and requirement class "212",

Thanks once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, maybe i didn't explained it clearly. You say: "in your project, material component detail screens where you normally maintain quantity", but the problem is that i only can see material components which are part of the BOM, but i don't know how to check quantity for the header bom material in the network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok.

Actually you have maintained only "Components list" in the standard network but not what we call as "BOM".

Two options.

1. Enter the finished product under your activity manually & maintain negative quantity for that.

Master Data changes

- Dont enter component list in your standard network.

-Maintain BOM master for the "To be produced material". Maintain "Reference points in BOM"

Transaction Data

- Create a Network / WBSE automatically as usual from Sales Order.

- An operative network (without components) is generated.

- Assign the Header material to the desired activity & run CN33

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can not use standard network. you have to create new network with reference to the standard network and then you will get the stock while you do the final confirmation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

Assembly Processing functionality itself triggers an operative network with the network type maintained in the requirement class of SO line item, "with reference to the standard network assigned to the material in CN08".

regards