cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage of deleted material master code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one query related to material masters (MM01, MM02).

A material is marked for deletion using T-code MM06 some time back.

Now due to some reason this material is required to manufacture a batch.

So can u please tell me -

How to unblock this material?

Is there any impact occurs in any module link with material master (i.e. QM, PPMC, FI or CO or else)

How can i cross verify its impacts?

I am highly obliged if you clear my doubts. So that i can proceed for batch manufacturing without any hassle.

Regards,

Snehal Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MM06 is just flag for deletion. As long as you have not archived the materials, you can go again to MM06 and unflag the deletion indicator. No impact should happen except people can start transacting the materials if needed. So you may quickly put it back if you really don't want any thing else to happen other than you creating a batch.

cheers

Rav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rav,

Thanks for solving my problem. But some of the material were mark for deletion some long time back. May be more than one year, and now we want to use those materials for manufacturing some batches. So is there any impact occurs (i.e. module wise or transcation wise) after unblocking that material?

Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should be no impact of deletion flag on any transaction .

Also check in MRP1 view Plant-sp.matl status. Most often before deletion, materials are assigned different codes to prevent inventory movement , BOM usage etc.

If materials are used for long time, Its good idea to have a sanity check on all views.