cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebAS640 SP7 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed SQL Server 2000 SP3. Now I am trying to install WebAS 640 SP7 then I get the following erro:

"Wrong Server Collation; J2EE installation requires SQL Latin 1 General CP850 Bin 2 Collation.

MS SQL Server Patch is too low; Please read the note 62988;

These problems must be fixed before continuing installation."

I am using the latest J2sdk. Can anybody help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx a loty.. guys

i was getting the same error and i could solve it from the thread ....

thanx for the info guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have encountered with the same problem, below is the "Changing of the Sql Collation" which is found from the microsoft books online help, it says is

Changing Collation Settings After Installing

Collation settings, which include character set, sort order, and other locale-specific settings, are fundamental to the structure of all Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 databases. To change one or more of these settings, you must rebuild the master and user databases.

So it means you have to detach and attach the databases after installation.

I can suggest you to backup the database and unistall the database and retach the database using retach sql command.

I did in the above way and problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could install it now. It took a while figure out where the hotfixes and the instcoll.exe is. They are in the how to folder of the download.

If anybody needs help let me. But open it as a new topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

to read notes:

http://service.sap.com/notes

Regards,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Does your sdn userid and password work for this site or you need to have a special userid. I could not connect to the site using sdn userid and password. Access denied.

Let me know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A month ago I had the same problem. Before I could continue intalling WAS 640 SP6 it stops. It needs the correct collation before was, ep and km can be installed.

When you install MS SQL 2000 there is a installation type radio button, Choose Custom and then proceed to choose the correct collation level.

This one got me two.

There is a whole note as describes the above.

Hope you come right.

You have to deinstall SQL - Reinstall then patch to sp3 to proceed.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every day my installation takes a step ahead. I am hooked at this same point. I have installed the two hotfixes of SQL 2000 from HOW_TO_INSTALL.zip document of SAP but still getting this same message.

This is a cry in the desert!! Please share your experience

heartiest thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thanks for your response. Where do you go to read the SAP Note 62988? I just started using the sdn site.

Anand,

I installed SQL Server SP3 from Microsoft site. I will try to uninstall and install it again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Please install SQL server SP3 patch downloaded from microsoft site.

Also download how to download files from SDN site for

sql server correct collation.

This problem will be solved.

Anand Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does the SAP Note 62988 say? Have you done everything listed in it?