cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS connectivity to customer FTP server using File Sender channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to make secured FTP ( FTPS) connection to customer FTP server to read the files and process them into PI 7.0. The sender channel config as below:

Certificate provided by customer and installed to CA on PI server.

Server - mentioned as CN name specifed in certificate - that is host name of FTP server

Port-990

DataConneciton -Passive

Connection Security - FTPS(FTP Using SSL/TLS) for control connection

Command Order - AUTH TLS,USER,PASS,PBSZ,PROT

User id & pwd used as provided by customer.

Conneciton mode - per file transfer

Transfer mode - Binary

The sender channel is getting an error as " Error Occured while connection to FTP serve "aaa.bb.cc.dd:990":java.net.UnknownHostException: aaa.bb.cc.dd

Have informed to customer the same and confirmed that they are able to connect to their FTP server using public network.

Can anyone help me to reoslve this issue and establish FTPS connectivity to FTP server.

Cheers

Veera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Small hint which i experienced , hope it would help you

1. Are you able to connect to the FTP server with Host , Port(Default:21) , User ID/Password in File zilla software

If not , there your IP Address is blocked or firwalled. GIve your IP Address to the client and they need to clear the IP address.

you can get your IPAddress from : www.ipchicken.com

2. Were you bene provide with Client certification.Id Yes , in STRUST , is it showinggreen--successfully installed (Root of certificate should be installed)

Best Regards,

Varalakshmi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have added customet FTP server hostname to local host file of XI server. This resolved an issue and able to connect to FTP server using FTPS by File Sender Adapter.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Check this thread:

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to establish FTPS connection to customer FTP server using FileZilla. Have asked network team to check any issues in network tunnel.

Cheers

Veera

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check below thread.

Regards,

Deepak