Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usr/sap/trans on rootvg (QA server)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are using AIX os

Client export has been done on PROD .

now we have issue with increasing file on QA server usr/sap/trans for import process , this file system is configured on rootvg and vendor also not advisable to increase usr/sap/trans file system bcoz of rootvg. Kindly advise how can i resolve the file system issues..

let me know any alternate option instead of increasing rootvg file system (usr/sap/trans)

Kindly advise

Edited by: satheesh0812 on Feb 4, 2011 8:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can increase it. it's not big deal or major problem.

but you can also create another partition on your storage than try to copied from your old /usr/sap/trans to your new /usr/sap/trans. after that...just switch it.

ardhian

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

>>>but you can also create another partition on your storage than try to copied from your old /usr/sap/trans to your new /usr/sap/trans. after that...just switch it.

U mean I have to create new /usr/sap/trans (same file system name will accepy) , i have to copy old usr/sap/trans to new /usr/sap/trans .. after that how can i switch it ..

Kindly provide more details ...

Thanks

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 was of doing it :

1. unmount existing usr/sap/trans and mount a new one with increased space and all files copied from earlier 1.

Then take a restart of SAP system

2. Point DIR_TRANS to another directory which as more space and copy all files from existing /usr/sap/trans and then take a restart.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nirmal ,

Understand the first points , regarding second point how we can point DIR_TRANS to another directory which as more space ? (example if i have more space on oracle/sid/ and i can copy exciting /usr/sap/trans to oracle/sid/sapdata3) Pls correct if i am wrong ..

Kindly advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should not be any issue to increase rootvg or create another storage with more space and mount as /usr/sap/trans1 and then copy all the data from /usr/sap/trans1 to /usr/sap/trans. Once copy is successful unmount /usr/sap/trans and mount /usr/sap/trans1 as /usr/sap/trans

About DIR_TRANS parameter if you search on help.sap.com you will get the clear idea.