cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP SNP. I am in the process of creating a Plannign area in SNP. I came across a term such as "*Subcon Planning Area" . .

1. Is there a seperate planning area as "Subcon" . If so please specify.

2. Or one of the standard planning areas have name as sub con.

please clarify

Thanks & Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun

There is a standard planning area 9ASNP02 and the planning book 9ASNPSBC is created based on planning area 9ASNP02. 9ASNPSBC is the subcontracting planning book.

SAP has provided us standard planning areas and planning books and we can use them as it is for our SNP planning processes. In some cases the standard planning areas and books may not be able to serve all our business requirements and that is when we go for custom planning areas and books.

The planning area 9ASNP02 has all key figures necessary for the subocontracting scenario and we can plan our subcontracting scenario using planning book 9ASNPSBC and that is why it is called the subcontracting planning book. Similary we have a planning book 9ASNP_SSP for safety stock planning (based on planning area 9ASNP05)

So coming back to your question the subcontracting planning area that is mentioned in your documentation is nothing but 9ASNP02 and the associated planning book is 9ASNPSBC

Thanks

Aparna

Edited by: Aparna.Ranganathan on Feb 4, 2011 8:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for the reply. Was very helpful

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Subcon is generally a word used for subcontracting orders.

Regards,

Srinivas