Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to do this scenario

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

when i try to create 'Proxy' for Proxy_Interface_OB using SPROXY in XI Server, its asking for

1.Package

2.Prefix

what should i give to proceed?

and then a window asking access key..

You are registred as a developer

Register in SAPNet

After registering you will receive an access key.

User name: XIUSER

Access Key:

Enter key for the object: R3TR CLAS CO_PROXY_INTERFACE_OB

SAPRelease 640

Access Key:

What is this and how to overcome this..

Thanks

Seshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

PREFIX : The prefix is required to avoid naming conflicts with other users of the demo example. You are free to choose any prefix, but it must be unique. For this reason, SAP recommends that you use <p>_, though <p> is the abbreviation of your namespace. If a prefix has already been assigned, naming conflicts may occur (see step 8). If a naming conflict occurs, choose another prefix.

PACKAGE : Please look at this...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/81/845f3c31727d59e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

In addition to that, you can also take a look at these..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/81/845f3c31727d59e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d4/255c3cf311070ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope these help you!

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

Package

U need to create a package with 4 levels and for doin the proxy ,u need to assign the 4th level of the package when it asks u for a package and give 'z' as prefix.

About the access key,talk to the basis guy.

Regards,

Archana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

When you are generating proxies use prefix starting with Y or Z and you can use your own development class, otherwise it assumes that it is an SAP delivered program, and they have to issue a key for modification.

So what is basically happening now is, you are trying to create objects in the SAP namespace because of which it is throwing that error...

I am sure this will solve your problem........

Regards,

Abhy

Message was edited by: Abhy Thomas

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheshu,

When it asks for Package enter either <b>$tmp</b> or any other Package and Prefix as <b>Z or Y</b>.

If u enter the prefix Z or Y it will never ask for The access key...

This will definitely solve u r problem...

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshu,

The message is telling you that you need a developer key, the same as is you were wanting to write ABAP. I tend to have the ABAP guys here create the proxy in that transaction, that way they can put it all in the same transport with their other development objects.

The package, again, is the same type of package you would put an ABAP program in. I can't tell you exactly what to put, that depends on your standards. Here we have a package for Finance, one for HR, etc. So i would put "Z_FI" for the package.

The prefix can be anything, it just tags it on to the front of the name. Our standard here is to use "ZXI_" so that we can easily identify all the XI items.

Hope that helps a little bit.