Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Paste

mark_manuel2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to do a paste from the clipboard on a text edit control? Our users copy text from an email and needs to be able to paste it on the control. What options do I have to be able to make this work?

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mark_manuel2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I do apologize for not stating my question as clear as it should be.

I wanted to know if there's a way that do a right-click and paste on the text edit control. Or at least have a button on the screen that would trigger a Ctrl+V instead of having the users press this key stroke.

Thanks,

Mark

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Ok then it is a problem.

Because write click dont give the normal options like a normal html page having paste option.

also using the button is not feasible.

there is function in abap like CLPB_IMPORT which imports the content from clipboard.

but this is also not supported.

So, if it is really required you may have to use iframe for getting the content then storing in a variable and fetching its

value in the web dynpro.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There should not be any problem pasting the clipboard content to the text edit control.

Only thing that can restrict you is data type of the attribute bound to the test edit.

if the data type is not string but something else having restriction on the number of character then

only that number of character will be pasted.

so check the data type of the attribute if you are facing problem in this.

thanks

sarbjeet singh