cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"BCP Commit Failed" New Install On Windows 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2008 R2

0 Kudos

I am installing a new Netweaver install on a virtual machine loaded with Windows 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2. The install gets to the "Import ABAP" phase and just hangs. SAPINST says it is still running, but there is no activity to suggest there is anything going on. There are no errors in the main logs, but after digging a little I did find these errors in the SAPSDIC.log file.

(IMP) INFO: EndFastLoad failed with <2: BCP commit failed:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'BADI_CHAR_COND~0'.>

(IMP) ERROR: EndFastload: rc = 2

(DB) INFO: BADI_FILTER created

(DB) INFO: BADI_FILTER~0 created

(IMP) INFO: EndFastLoad failed with <2: BCP commit failed:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'BADI_FILTER~0'. Ca>

(DB) INFO: BADI_IMPL created

(DB) INFO: BADI_IMPL~0 created

(IMP) INFO: EndFastLoad failed with <2: BCP commit failed:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'BADI_IMPL~0'. Cann>

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? I can't find anyone with this exact same error. And this is our first attempt at installing a system with Windows 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2. All of our other Windows SAP systems are on Windows 2003 and SQL Server 2005 and we're in the process of upgrading - this being the first system.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set BCP_LOB=1 in your system environment

Note 1156361 - R3load: Fastload doesn't support LOB-columns

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe it will be difficult to figure out without having details about your system but I would check vmware version is supported, dumps are good, kernel level used for the installation.

0 Kudos

It looks like the kernel version with the CD was old. The newer version seems to have worked. Thanks!