cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on need for connector from QA to PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on my experience, and input from others and from SAP, I normally have a connector from the GRC QA Java to the GRC Production RTA.

At my client, they won't give me a connector to Production, and their QA isn't current with production role assignments.

I've, pretty much, run out of reasons why the connector is valid and required, and I wanted to know your perspective on why GRC QA should be connected to GRC Production (their pushback on this has made me wonder as well ... though I know better).

Specifically, I know that Firefighter reporting is something that would use this connector regularly. But what about CC and AE?

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Santosh,

I have to agree with the client.

Usually only production type systems should talk to the production ERP system, for audit reasons. I wouldn't want someone testing on GRC to talk to my productive ERP system.

Additionally, the ERP DEV system is connected to the production GRC for Risk Terminator or ERM.

The DEV GRC system is only ever connected to DEV or QAS ERP systems at my customers.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fully agree with Frank and the client. Unless, the client wants to connect QA GRC to PRD ECC, I never ask them to. Also, it depends on what you are trying to achieve. You should not connect QA CUP, ERM, FF to PRD ECC. Sometimes, the client will allow us to connect from QA RAR to PRD ECC to test out ruleset changes etc.

This will change in AC 10.0 as everything would be transportable and you won't be making any changes in QA or PRD. You will have to create connectors for all the systems in Dev GRC box itself.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (0)