cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you undefine a _fix_control setting in Oracle 10.2.0.4 ?

jeff_ellsworth2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Per an SAP recommendation of a post go-live review I've been asked to remove the following two fix control settings.

SETTINGS DEFINED BUT NOT RECOMMENDED

Value

6120483:OFF

6329318:OFF

I tried alter system unset but found this to be an illegal option in sqlplus. I made a copy of the init<SID>.ora and spfile<SID>.ora. The entries are located in the spfile but not the init<SID>.ora. I thought about copying the init<SID>.ora to spfile (create spfile from pfile;) from sqlplus but don't want to loose anything other than the noted fixcontrol settings. What can I do to remove these fixcontrol settings from the database?

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jeff_ellsworth2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was able to remove the fixcontrol settings using brtools. After using brtools to reset the fixcontrol parameter I had to bounce the database and then had to use sqlplus to set the need fixcontrol settings.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

It seems that you already solved the issue, but I'd like to comment it for clarification.

fixcontrol is a parameter that allows several "values" to be set.

If you have one missing or you have to delete one (or more) you have to set completely the parameter.

That means that if it is set with values "a" "b" "c" "d" (for example) and you want to delete "c", you cannot do it like that, you set the fixcontrol to "a" "b" "d" otherwise you can have problems.