cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if i have MCOD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1.How can i know if i have an MCOD system in my whole landscape(WINDOWS)?

2. How can i know if i haveDictionary managed tablespace (DMT) or Locally managed tablespace (LMT):

if is possible with a queries, perfect, If no iwant to know how can i solve my questions.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.How can i know if i have an MCOD system in my whole landscape(WINDOWS)?

From the sql prompt run SELECT USERNAME FROM DBA_USERS;

a) if you have a separate ABAP and separate JAVA stack and if they both share a common database then SAPSR3DB user should be a part of DBA_USERS list.

b) if two ABAP systems are sharing a common database then you will find SAPSR3 and SAPSR4 users in the dba_users list

c) if two JAVA systems are sharing a common database then you will find SAPSR3DB and SAPSR4DB users in the dba_users list

One more way of find it is with the list of tablespace.

How can i know if i haveDictionary managed tablespace (DMT) or Locally managed tablespace (LMT):

As far I know in SAP most of the tablespace are locally managed tablespace.

Regards,

SBK

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the sql prompt run SELECT USERNAME FROM DBA_USERS;

a) if you have a separate ABAP and separate JAVA stack and if they both share a common database then SAPSR3DB user should be a part of DBA_USERS list.

b) if two ABAP systems are sharing a common database then you will find SAPSR3 and SAPSR4 users in the dba_users list

c) if two JAVA systems are sharing a common database then you will find SAPSR3DB and SAPSR4DB users in the dba_users list

One more way of find it is with the list of tablespace.

thanks for your answer, In my case in ERP system I guess I don´t haveo MCOD system, but Just no clear.

in the result of the query i don´t have neither sapsr3, neither sapsr3db, sapsr4, neither sapsr4DB.

I don't have any of these users, this is normal??? I have, ERP 6.0 In windows with JUST ABAP.

But I have other more complex sytems, portals, ess, mss, bw, in which i want to check if MCOD is present.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the fact that you use Dictionnary managed tablespaces shows that your initial installation is old. so, your schema user is probably SAPR3 and you are not using MCOD

you might have missed my previous answer regarding NEXT EXTENT.. .check above for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot ERIK.

Yes first version was 3.xx .

Thanks for next extent. in DB13

Finally, WHere can i find documentation to follow-up your advise of change to locally managed tablespaces

Just to add: you can see the tablaspace allocation type from Oracle with this query

select tablespace_name, extent_management, allocation_type from dba_tablespaces

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Review these SAP notes

214995 - Oracle locally managed tablespaces in the SAP environment

599694 LMTS autoallocate: Extent allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric, I have read some forums, where say that running the db13 "adapt next extends", is not always safe, that is true????

Or you can recommend run this without any problem..

the activity to check max extends is this

Only if using the dictionary managed tablespaces function:

Make sure that the storage parameters MAXEXTENTS and NEXT have the correct values for certain tables and indexes. Otherwise, they may overflow during the enhancement package installation. The Oracle-specific enhancement package installation SAP Note contains the tables and the required minimum values.

You can display the current settings with BRSPACE. The index names are not constant. However, you can also determine these names with BRSPACE.

SAP Note 11777 describes how to change the parameters NEXT and MAXEXTENTS.

Finally, i only have to execute "adapt next extends" in db13?? or what more i need do.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

job "Next Extent" will browse through all your 40,000+ tables and try to find the best Next Extent Value. This is not perfect as it may use wrong values, but it is way better than checking 40,000+ tables manually.

So, I recommend that you use Next Extent until you convert lo LMTS.

Good luck.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i know if i haveDictionary managed tablespace

Check transaction DB02 -> Tablespaces -> Overview -> Tab Storage management

This is a locally management tablespace:

SYSTEM LOCAL SYSTEM AUTO

This is dictionary managed:

SYSTEM DICTIONARY USER MANUAL

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos
PSAPEL700D	LOCAL	SYSTEM	AUTO
PSAPES700D	LOCAL	SYSTEM	AUTO
PSAPTEMP	LOCAL	UNIFORM	MANUAL*
PSAPUNDO	LOCAL	SYSTEM	MANUAL
SYSAUX	LOCAL	SYSTEM	AUTO

PSAPBTABD	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPBTABI	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPCLUD	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPCLUI	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPDDICD	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPDDICI	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPDOCUD	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPDOCUI	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPLOADD	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPLOADI	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPPOOLD	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPPOOLI	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPPROTD	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPPROTI	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPROLL	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPSOURCED	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPSOURCEI	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPSTABD	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPSTABI	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPUSER1D	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
PSAPUSER1I	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL
SYSTEM	DICTIONARY	USER	MANUAL

Nice!

I need to know that to define if I must be execute the steps in thi sentence

Only if using the dictionary managed tablespaces function:

Make sure that the storage parameters MAXEXTENTS and NEXT have the correct values for certain tables and indexes. Otherwise, they may overflow during the enhancement package installation.

In this case Yes.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

simply run job NextExtent in DB13.

.. and plan an LMTS conversion in the future to get rid of "NEXT" problems. Refer to SAP note 646681.