cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF limit values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am transfering the materials form R3 to APO. There are around 200000 materials in R3.

What is the best practice?

1. To have one model for the whole materials, generate it and then the delta values?

2. To have several models that filter a range of values?

How many values are recommended to have as a limit in the same integration model?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no best practice that I am aware of. There are advantages/disadvantages of both ways. If there is a maximum limit, I have never run up against it.

For an initial implementation, I usually first do all the plants in one IM. Then, for each plant, one plant at a time, I do the Materials. Takes a long time to create the variants, and if you are doing it in background, it takes a long time to create the steps in the jobs. However, troubleshooting queue errors is much easier, and you are less likely to run into any memory issues.

After this, for the other master data, and for the transactional data, I consider the volumes in each model. An IM for, say, 1000 work centers, might go across regardless of plant all in one IM, but Sales orders may have to be divided into 20 or 30 IMs by groups of plants. Its kind of a guessing game of which method will give you the least problems.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to filter based on some creteria which you feel better, probably based on locations are any other selection cretaria. Creating a integration model with huge amount of data is not a better way.

Regards,

Srini

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are few setting which decides on the max queue time, which would impact if the whole lot of materials can move through. 2ndly, it may have performance issue during delta report.

Have a word with your Basis guys, who would exactly know the settings & can guide you.

Check below SAP help for more details

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/9b/954d3baf755b67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Its advicible to have at least 2 Int model for such amount of data. You can devide the data based on the plants.

Regards,

Nawanit

Edited by: Nawanit Rathi on Feb 4, 2011 6:20 AM