cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correlated schedule lines in sales BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with correlated schedule lines using a sales BOM in a sales order.

I've created a sales BOM in which the parent item has item category group LUMF (resulting in item category TAP) and child items with item category grp NORM (item category TAN). Pricing, inventory, cost etc is at item level. So far so good. No problem with the functionality.

I've got BOM configuration set up for item category TAP with "A" (Delivery group with correlated schedule lines) for creating the delivery group.

However, when a create a sales order the schedule lines are getting created with different quantities depending upon the availability of individual quantities instead of creating co related schedule lines.

Ordered

BOM parent Qty: 100

Bom Item A : 100

BOM Item B: 200

__Desired outcome__

Confirmed

BOM parent Qty: 20

Bom Item A : 20

BOM Item B: 40

Current Outcome

Confirmed

BOM parent Qty: 20

Bom Item A : 20

BOM Item B: 120

I believe I've configured it right. Am I missing something?

Any inputs / expert opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you already find an answer on your question / solution for your problem?

I'm also experiencing problems with delivery groups and the correlation between the schedule lines:

- the item category of my BOM header is TAP for which the "create delivery group" parameter is set to A

Even when the subitems of my BOM are not confirmed, the BOM header is confirmed immediately for the total ordered quantity.

After confirming the subitems of the BOM, the confirmed date at the BOM header is not adapted accordingly!

E.g.:

At creation of sales order: no stock, no planned orders ==> no confirmation

material

requested date

requested qty

material availability date

confirmed qty

BOM header

18/02

18/02

BOM sub item 1

18/02

-

-

| BOM sub item 2 | 18/02 | 10 | - | - |

After CTM + BOP run: confirmation on planned orders:

material

requested date

requested qty

material availability date

confirmed qty

BOM header

18/02

18/02

BOM sub item 1

18/02

17/03

| BOM sub item 2 | 18/02 | 10 | 17/03 | 3 |

Kr,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva and Mukund,

Mukund: I've configured the Item category properly and set up the BOM right.

Siva: Thanks for the elaborate explanation. I understand the configuration part and functionality. I plan to use the structure below (item category TAP).

However, I'm unable to get the schedule lines correlated. Let's say the BOM consists of 5 units of Item A and 10 units of Item B per each BOM parent on the order. If I order 100 units of the BOM, I should have schedule lines for 500 units of Item A and 1000 units of Item B.

Now let's say, there is stock of only 750 units of Item B, the system is creating schedule lines of 500 for Item A and 750 for Item B instead of creating schedule lines of 375 for Item A and 750 of Item B. There is no correlation. The quantities confirmed are purely based on the availability of the material.

By the way I've configured TAP with "A - Delivery Group with correlated schedule lines".

Thanks and hope this provides a little more clarity regarding my situation.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below configuration settings for Successful BOM.

BOM item consist of combination of the materials by having a structure like header and sub u2013 items.

Different combination of the materials combined together to make one single object. The complete combination of

materials only called as a BOM item.

Ex: u201CComputeru201D as it contains monitor as a header item and keyboard, hard disk, mouse as sub-items. The BOM

items can independently sold to the customers separately.

Ex: If the mouse is going to participate as sub-item in the BOM.

But the customer requires same mouse as a u201Cstand byu201D (spare). So the business can offer.

In BOM the pricing, delivery can be carried out at header level item (above structure) or sub-item level (below

structure).

If BOM with above structure then system carries out delivery, billing process only for header item (item category

group ERLA). Then system treats sub-items as text items (no pricing and no delivery for text items).

Above structure: Item category TAQ for header item.

Item category TAE for sub u2013 items.

If BOM with below structure then system carries out delivery and billing process only for sub u2013 items (item

category group LUMF). Then system treats header item as text item.

Below structure:Item category group for header item TAP

Item category group for sub u2013 item TAN

Delivery group: The delivery group facilitates to confirm the quantities of all items in the BOM with best schedule

lines.

Ex: As the BOM contains number of items system can confirm the quantities for some items on required delivery

date, and it may not confirm the quantity for some items on required delivery date. In this context we can put all the

items in a single delivery in a delivery group by specifying delivery group as one in delivery group field at header

level of sales document under shipping tab in delivery group field.

NOTE: Item category group should only be changed for header item.

BOM can be exploded in application areas like production planning, material management and sales and

distribution. While configuring BOM we have to specify the application area where it has to explode. BOM can be

exploded single level or multilevel. Usually multilevel BOMu2019s are exploded in production planning.

Ex: Material is the u201CBikeu201D, as it has so many sub-items, again those sub-items will have some sub-items.

Configuration settings: [ABOVE structure]

 Create a material with item category group ERLA

 Create another 2 materials as sub-items with item category group NORM

 Go to MB1C and maintain the stock for 3 materials

 Go to VK11 and maintain condition records for 3 materials

Configure BOM item: Transaction code: CS01

Path:

 Logistics

 Production

 Master data

 Bills of Material

 Bill of Material

 Material BOM

 CS01 u2013 Create

 Specify the BOM header item [ERLA item] and plant

 Specify usage as [5]  Sales and Distribution

 Maintain the sub u2013 items

 Save and Exit

NOTE: Item category u201CLu201D  Stock item.

It is categorization item in the BOM according to set criteria.

Use: This categorization allows us to process data that is relevant to individual items in a BOM. It controls field

selection default values for BOM triggering of specific system activities.

 Go to VA01 and raise the sales order by specifying header item and check whether BOM has exploded or

not.

Item Item category Schedule line

Header item TAQ CP = Deterministic MRP

Sub u2013 item TAE CT = No inventory management,

No goods issue.

VOV7 of TAQ  Extent delivery

 Go to VOV7

 Select TAQ from position button

 Click on details icon and maintain the values like below

Billing relevance [A] = Delivery related billing document.

Price [X] = Standard

Structure scope [A] = Explode single level of Bill of Materials

[The value of this field causes to explode BOM in the document]

Application [SD01] = Sales and Distribution

It indicates the applications are where it has to explode

 Check manual alternatives.

VOV7 of TAE  Explanation

 Statistical value [X] = No cumulation values cannot be used statistically.

VOV6 of CT  No inventory management/No goods issue

 Check item relevant for delivery

It is used for only information purpose

Item category determination table:

OR + ERLA + NIL + NIL = TAQ

OR + NORM + NIL + TAQ = TAE

Configuration settings: [BELOW structure]

 Create material with item category group in the header item should be LUMF

 Go to VA01 and raise the sales order by specifying header item

 Check the BOM explosion

NOTE: For Below structure also we have to follow all the steps like above structure, except the creation of

LUMF material instead of ERLA material.

VOV7 of TAP:

Billing relevance is [A]

Pricing [NIL]

Structure scope [A]

Application [SD01]

VOV6 of CT:

 Check item relevant for delivery

 Go to VL01N and do the delivery

 Go to VF01 and raise the invoice

Item Item category Schedule line

Header item TAP CT

Sub u2013 item TAN CP

Multilevel BOM: [ABOVE structure]

Item category Schedule line

Header item: TAQ CP

TAE CT

TAE CT

TAE CT

Multilevel BOM: [BELOW structure]

Item category Schedule line

TAP CT

TAN CP

TAN CP

TAN CP

Important notes:

 For Above structure in the material master record should have the item category group ERLA in the Sales:

Sales organization 2 screen.

 This process ensures that pricing, inventory control and delivery processing is carried out at the u201Cheader level

itemu201D only.

 That means the associated sub-items function only as text items, and thus is not relevant for delivery.

 For Below structure item category group is LUMF.

 In this process the sub-items are responsible for pricing, inventory control and delivery processing.

 To ensure all the components in a u201Csingle deliveryu201D use the functionality of the u201Cdelivery groupu201D.

The delivery group: The sub-items of a BOM may be available at different times due to the lead times in

procurement (MM) and production (PP). You can use the delivery group to indicate that all the sub-items must be

delivered as a group (single delivery).

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me this seems more like a BOM creating issue than a config issue. Can you check if your BOM materials are rightly configured with right quantity. If everything is like Parent Vs Child is 1:1 , then, it should have worked as you expect it to work.

Also, you may want to check if you have to put 'X' instead of 'A' when you configure your TAP item category. X is relevant when you want to deliver the whole BOM materials at a time.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Mukund S