cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent creation of PO with errors.

0 Kudos

Hello SAPients,

I'm an ABAP developer, I don't know much about MM and or PO configuration, but I have this requirement that maybe can be solved with customizing instead of programming.

"While creating a PO if there are error messages, the system still creates a PO. We want to restrict the creation of PO if there are any error messages.

ME23N -> Click on button to display the messages."

Is that possible? How?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you guys using 'HELD' PO functionality (When user can optionally hold and save a faulty PO with errors)... No processing can be done against this PO. You would see that EKKO-MEMORY flag set to 'X' for held PO's..

If you want to stop holding PO's, check out the following OSS note,

Note 390117 - ME21N: Prevent holding of purchase

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with developer. There are codes you can write so that the message type can change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

System should n't allow to post P.O if it is error message this is standard feature of SAP Error message category.Could you send the error message number

You can check the details

SPRO ...> MM ...> Purchasing ..> Environment ..> Defien attributes of system message.

You can go to transaction code SE91 and go for message analysis.

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

Thanks for your reply, this is the list of errors I'm getting in that specific PO I reviewing:

DocHeader

Message no. BL001

PO header data still faulty

Message no. MEPO002

Enter a vendor

Message no. 06049

No Authorization in Document Type NB

Message no. ZMM01332

Item 10

Message no. BL001

Enter Plant

Message no. ME083

Item 10 Sched.line 1

Message no. BL001

Please enter a delivery date

Message no. MEPO042

I also reviewed the customizing path you told me and I couldn't find any of those errors in the list. Should those messages be in that list?

Thanks!

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use t.code: OBMSG & then select individual application area & click "messages". Here you will get all type of messages with regard to specific application area.

NOTE:You can not save purchase order till system show the ERROR message.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

In Standard SAP, if you dont enter key fields like Vendor, Plant, etc then system will not allow the save the PO.

In your system it has been customised to allow to save the PO inspite of errors. The erros you have listed are very standard.

Check if you can add to the system message under the IMG path Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Environment Data --> Define Attributes of System Messages

Also check the entries in 'Define Screen Layout at Document Level' (Read the help text in this IMG node) under Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order

There is no need for any programming to stop this unsual way of PO process. If the system is set back to standard by functional consultants, then the system will not process POs if there are any errors.

Best Regards

Sathees Gopalan