cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a Manufacturer Field to Line Items

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an RFP, how do I customize the Line Item fields within E-Sourcing? I would like to add "manufacturer" and "MPN".

Will this affect the import export function, buyer or supplier side?

Thanks for any tips.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFx has extensibility capabilities on the line item through the Line Item Specifications and Supplier Entered Attributes functionality. Line Item Specifications allow the RFx publisher to define different attributes for the line items and provide a value for the attributes. Supplier Enter Attributes allow the RFx publisher to define different attributes for the line items, where the value of the attribute will be entered by the supplier as part of the RFx response.

These capabilities are enabled and configured on the RFx from the RFx Document > Setup menu.

In SAP Sourcing 7.0, these attributes are configured for groups of line items and can be included in formulas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Is there a way to modify the basic view to include external category instead of the plant? I know this is not possible with page customization because that seems to work on the detail view only.

Appreciate any guidance.

Regards,

Subhasini

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The line items are a standard collection and you cannot change this (no change allowed in the structure). This is due to the way it is designed.

If you want this:

You have to create a customized line item collection from scratch and hide the original one; this is possible (import and export can be included with this but will take some effort and change the reports).

or

you can customize the screen which is shown when you select "change line item" (the little pencil in front of it) but it will not be visible in your basic view of your line items (you have to go into that screen to see it); but you can make a query to report upon it.

I am not sure what it will do with the import and export files as I did not test this yet; as you customize it you can make it visible for internal and external (sellside) users.

Hopefully this will help you, if anyone else has a different experience with this please do respond on this thread.