Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Receiver Proxy Base Info

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i have a File-to-RFC Scenario replaced with a File-to-ABAPProxy Scenario. This works. It's possible to replace the ABAP Proxy on my SAP Target System by a Java Receiver Proxy?

Reason for this question: I understand, that in my ABAP proxy i do the mapping from my PI Dataformat to the RFC destination Format (ABAP Function) manually in the Proxy class in ABAP. I'm actually a Java Programmer and would prefer to do the mapping in Java.

I searched on this subject and understood that i have to install the Java Proxy Runtime, but I'm don't know if this only works for a non-central AE and non-SAP interfaces or if I also can encapsulate a remote ABAP function on my target system.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

As I know now - Java Proxies should be used as Wrapper for Java Functions and not for ABAP functions. It's not the intention to create a Java Wrapper for a ABAP function.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i have a File-to-RFC Scenario replaced with a File-to-ABAPProxy Scenario. This works. It's possible to replace the ABAP Proxy on my SAP Target System by a Java Receiver Proxy?

No, this does not make any sense. ABAP proxy is made for connecting to ABAP based systems, Java proxy is made for connecting to Java-based systems.

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

That means that i can't replace the ABAP proxy class by a Java proxy class to fill in the parameters of the target ABAP function?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> That means that i can't replace the ABAP proxy class by a Java proxy class to fill in the parameters of the target ABAP function?

Of course you can. I did not say, this is not possible. But you should not do this.

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

No you cant replace them. you use java proxy to connect to java based system.

In addition, Please refer to blog link that explains the Pre requisites for Client Java Proxie.

/people/yugapreetha.t/blog/2007/12/03/pre-requisites-for-client-java-proxies

Regards,

Deepak.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

>>I understand, that in my ABAP proxy i do the mapping from my PI Dataformat to the RFC destination Format (ABAP Function) manually in the Proxy class in ABAP.

Yes, You are right

>>I'm actually a Java Programmer and would prefer to do the mapping in Java.

You can do with the help of Java too

>>i have to install the Java Proxy Runtime

You are right

>>but I'm don't know if this only works for a non-central AE and non-SAP interfaces

We can do it for SAP system too, for example thru portal service we can trigger the BAPI

Thanks

Agasthuri

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a how to to install/use this kind of proxy?

Cheers

Michael

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

How can i check, if the java proxy runtime is already installed on my SAP PI Application Server?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This link might be helpful to check whether jpr is installed or not...Look all the exchange profile parameters

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-16146?decorator=print