cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication screen problem..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing Very Strange problem. I have one application for which we had set the Authentication value to True, as we wanted the login id and password page. But now we dont want any userid password page, so I set the Authentication property to False, but still the login page is coming.

1. I did restart of the server

2. I deleted the Authetication property.

3. I created new application under the project, but for that also it's asking for user id and password.

4. I cleared the cache also.

Please help, I am fed up now.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a new DC with a sample hello world application, dont select for authentication.

Check how this application reacts?

If it works fine then what you can do is, create a new DC and copy the code of your old DC or the source files of your old DC.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using NWDS CE 7.1?

I faced the same issue with CE, the problem was whenever i was deploying a DC, the changes were not getting reflected.

Before deploying, build the DC, create archive and deploy so that the latest changes gets deployed.

Also try by adding some field on the view and deploy to check whether the latest changes are getting deployed or not

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on NWDS 7.0.09.

I have added the fileds also and checked, the changes are getting reflected. But my problem is still not resolved, still getting the login screen for the appilication.

What to do ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Undeploy your web dynpro DC from the server and deploy the updated DC

I think when you are deploying the updated DC, it is not getting deployed properly

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I did this, but still the screen is coming.....really getting frustated now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As this is an application property it should not ask for authentication in new application. Clear the browser cache and check in some other system if there also login page is coming.

Also do a reload+rebuild of dc before deploying.

If the issue exist, remove the application/component using visual admin and then deploy newly created application with authentication property as false.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done all that before also, I guess the problem is I have set JCO to Username and Password...Do you think this is creating the problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That should not be the problem because you define the username and password while creating jco connection at design time not at runtime.

Check if you are trying to access any KM object directly by URL. That will ask for user/password if KM anonymous configuration not done.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I am not trying to access any KM doc, my URL is like this ;

http://<hostname>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/MUSA/MUSA_AR_App?

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check whether you have given user id and password for both the jcos.

if any of the jcos is using the sso then it might give this authentication screen.

Thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mentioned about accessking KM object inside WD application in any view, external url is WD application url.

Also check your JCOs once more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both,

Yes, I have given user id and password for both the JCOs.

And I am not accessing any KM doc from any of the views.

Any other alternative ?