cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 1 step shopping cart workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM 7.0 and wish to use Application Controlled workflow. We wish to use the standard 1 step approval of shopping cart. After I have created my org structure where Manager is assigned as the 'Head of own org unit' , what are the next steps.

1. Which workflow to be activated?

2. What will be agent assignment?

3. Any other settings in enabling this feature?

Also I want simple cost based approval where if a employee raises a SC for 100$ or more, it should trigger the workflow. Let me know how to implement this using the above 1 step workflow. What attributes to give to the manager and employee? How and where to give the Spending limit and approval limit?

Please explain the steps in detail for both CLASSIC scenario and STAND ALONE scenario. Will give full marks.

Regards,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Feb 3, 2011 5:40 PM

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Feb 3, 2011 6:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you configure the workflow? If not, please check Workflow section in Configuration Guide for Basic Settings and Self Service Procurement.

Configuration Guides are available in SAP Solution Manager Server. Downloaded offline documents are also available in SAP Service Marketplace. http://service.sap.com/srm-inst or http://service.sap.com/ibc-srm (for old version).

If you use Application-Controlled Workflow, please switch workflow frame work in IMG and look at old configuration document like SRM 4.0 or SRM 5.0.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for your response.

I went through the config guide mentioned by you. I wish to use WS10000129 (One-step approval of shopping cart). I will be using the task TS10008126 - Approval of shopping cart - Manager role or general task for this.

However I am not clear with what I should mention for Agent Assignment? What should be the start conditions? Please explain in detail. Also I want simple cost based approval where if a employee raises a SC for 100$ or more, it should trigger the workflow. Let me know how to implement this using the above 1 step workflow. What attributes to give to the manager and employee? How and where to give the Spending limit and approval limit?

Please respond at the earliest

Regards,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Feb 4, 2011 8:25 AM

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Feb 4, 2011 8:30 AM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The manager of requestor is the approver. Approval Agent is determined based on Org Structure.

Start condition should be like this.

less than 10 USD -> Automatic Approval

over 10 USD -> 1 step approval

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

So in org structure if I have an employee (Emp_A) and his manager is (Man_A), will the SC automatically go to manager for approval?

Dont I need to give the Spending Limit/Approval limit attributes anywhere in the org structure? And where do I give the start conditions in SWB_COND?

Regards,

Nikhil

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just activate the 1 step approval workflow in the SWB_COND and test. All SC go to Manager approval.

You can try other options after basic 1 step workflow works.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will this work irrespective of the scenario i.e whether it is Classic or Standalone?

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Nikhil

since Shopping cart is a SRM Business Object.

1 step approval can be implemented for all shopping cart created in SRM so it is applicable for all technical scenario.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa & Muthu,

I have activated the event linkage for the workflow and also set the corresponding task as General Task. Now in SWB_COND how do I define the start conditions?

I gave the BO as BUS2121 and found the workflow WS10000129. Now I am not clear with defining start conditions. I see conditions like '&EC Requirement Coverage Request. Total Value& <100.00 and ......'.

Pl advise. Any updates??

Regards,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Feb 10, 2011 9:04 AM

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Feb 10, 2011 7:15 PM

Answers (0)