cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Catalog - Z fields non editable in catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Iu2019m using SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 and I have created three Z fields in MDM Console, and set those fields in OCI configuration as NEW_ITEM-CUST_FIELD1, NEW_ITEM-CUST_FIELD2 and NEW_ITEM-CUST_FIELD3. The fields are being mapped accordingly and are displayed in SRM catalog as it was supposed.

Now, I need to know if there is any chances of those fields are non-editable in catalog, because they should not be changed when creating a SC with reference to catalog. Is it possible to turn those fields non-editable in MDM?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 - NO Zfields are EDITABLE in the SRM-MDM catalog UI

2 - I beleive you have confused b/w the Catalog UI and the SC UI

3. You manage data for these fields in the MDM Data manager , see them as read only fields in the catalog UI

4. to make this fields non editable in the SC UI , make sure you make changes at the SC UI screen - by making the attribute read only in the SC setting

hope this is clear !

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreia,

Is it possible to turn those fields non-editable in MDM?

If you are sure that values to these fields in MDM should be written once and there after no change in value is required. you can very well go ahead with MDM console field Property Writable Once = Yes

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for the help. Just one more question, if I use field Property Writable Once = Yes for those fields, that means that I wonu2019t be able to change those fields in MDM Data Manager as well?

Those fields should not be editable when creating a SC with reference to catalog. However it should be possible to update those fields in MDM Data Manager. is this possible?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreia,

The catalog application always display data in READ only mode and does not allow to change any data in MDM.

So, what ever configurations are have already done, that should be enough.

Also, making a field as "writable once" will stop you from editing this field from data manager too...

Revert if you need any more information..

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually those fields are not being displayed in Read only mode. When I create a SC with reference to a catalog, the Z fields are editable and that was not supposed to. However, it is necessary to allow changes in those fields in Data Manager.

So, I want the Z fields to be non-editable when I create a SC, but it must be possible to change it in Data Manager. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am surprised to know that Zfield are getting displayed in EDIT mode in the Catalog. I would suggest to check with SAP on this by opening an OSS message.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andriea,

I did implement SRM-MDM-Catalog 3.0 . I had also created several Z-fields and brought up them in the Catalog.

The only editable fields in the Catalog are qty and Price. Once you edit the Qty and Price, then transfer the catalog item to Shopping Cart, a whole set of fields belonging to that particular catalog item will be copied to Shopping Cart. This is based on the configuration/mapping provided in OCI . Once the catalog items are copied to SC you are no more connected to SRM-MDM-Catalog realm. So, even if you edit the Zfields or XYZ fields in SC that will not impact in Catalog. The changes which you edit in SC is limited to that particular SC.

So, you need not to worry on any data integrity or data manipulations for the changes that you do in SC. You can change the data in SRM-MDM-Catalog only through Data Manager. Of course, you need to enable the same in Console.

Let me know if you have still any doubts.