cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate only certain Tuple Records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using MDM 7.1 SP03. Is there any way that I can syndicate only certain tuple records?

Example:

Customer Master has two Purchase Organization records inside a multi-valued Purchase Organization Tuple. One record uses Purchase Org code = 4100 and the other record uses Purchase Org = 4005. Is there any way to syndicate out only the Purchase org record with code 4100?

I have tried to use the filtering options in the syndicator: Filter Qualified Links and Filter Multi-valued Lookup fields. This does not work.

I have the search parameters set to Customer records with Purchase org = 4100, and the customer record has two tuple records (4100 and 4005) the syndicator will push out both records. I only want the 4100 record to push out. Please help!

Edited by: Matthew Winchester on Feb 3, 2011 5:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

When you mention one record uses 4100 and the other uses 4005 do you mean this is remote system specific ??

If that is the case you could syndicate remote system specific....if you sure the codes are system specific.

Else you could type the expression in the free form search, but me not sure it would stop multiple records being syndicated.

Standard maps do not create a new record but just add a segment instance for every tuple entry.

Best way to have would be to extract a tab delimited text file. Open it in Excel and filter the 4100 records.

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

-These records are not Remote System specific.-

-The search criteria using expressions do not work-

Example XML Structure:

<Account_Group>Z001</Account_Group>

<Name_1>Test, Inc</Name_1>

<Search_Term_1>HQ</Search_Term_1>

<Search_Term_2>Serach One</Search_Term_2>

<Street>Main Rd</Street>

<House_Number>300</House_Number>

<City_Postal_Code>12345</City_Postal_Code>

<City>Cumming</City>

<Country>US</Country>

<Region>GA</Region>

<Address_Time_Zone>EST</Address_Time_Zone>

<Transportation_Zone>XXX3432</Transportation_Zone>

<Language>E</Language>

<Remote_Key />

<Tax_Number_2>5464654654654</Tax_Number_2>

- <Vendor_Company_Code_Data>

<Company_Code>4005</Company_Code>

<Reconciliation_Account>4100000</Reconciliation_Account>

<Sort_Key>009</Sort_Key>

<Payment_Term>ZD22</Payment_Term>

<Double_Invoice>X</Double_Invoice>

<Payment_Term_Credit_Memos>ZD22</Payment_Term_Credit_Memos>

<Payment_Method>F</Payment_Method>

<Vendor_Withholding_Tax_Data />

</Vendor_Company_Code_Data>

- <Vendor_Company_Code_Data>

<Company_Code>1700</Company_Code>

<Reconciliation_Account>4100000</Reconciliation_Account>

<Sort_Key>009</Sort_Key>

<Payment_Term>ZD22</Payment_Term>

<Double_Invoice>X</Double_Invoice>

<Payment_Term_Credit_Memos>ZD22</Payment_Term_Credit_Memos>

<Payment_Method>F</Payment_Method>

<Vendor_Withholding_Tax_Data />

</Vendor_Company_Code_Data>

Senario: I export this entire record out using the syndicator. When importing into a different repository is there a way that i can ignore the segment with Company Code 4005, and only create the segment for company code 4100? It would be great to be able to handle this automatically....any sugestions? I need to be able to filter out certain company code records from importing, since there is no way to filter out during syndication, can this be handled using the Import Manager?

Edited by: Matthew Winchester on Feb 3, 2011 10:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

If PI/XI is in your landscape, you can manage this thing easily using PI before sending it to target system from MDM and vice versa. In PI Message Mapping, you can give condition for company code 4100 and for other company code you can suppress nodes (segment). So when this file reach to target system using PI/XI you will have segments corresponding to only 4100 as required.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

As you are importing the Customer data from one repository in to another repository, i hope data syndication and import is happening in XML format in that case we can not restrict importing of specifc company codes. but we can delete company codes from the tuple after import.

Take an extract of customers from Data Manager by using the Free form search on Company code (Tuple field) contains 4005, you will get a refined search of customer Numbers contains 4005 take an extract of customer Numbers in to Excel and another column company code to the extracted excel and apply 4005 across all records and save the file.

Now open Import Manager and Chose the Type Excel and select the file which is saved before, in Item Mapping Tab map the Source Customer number to Destination Customer Number and Map the Company Code to Tuple(Company Code Data) Company Code field and right click on the Tuple Company Code Data and Select Set Tuple Update a pop up window comes up select Company Code as Matching field (Right hand side of the window) and under New Records drop down Select SKIP and Existing Records select DELETE.

Under Matching Records select Customer Number and Import Action will be Update All Mapped Fields and execute the Map record 4005 will be deleted from the tuple for all the records which are in excel.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

In syndicator, where you set the filtering (on left hand side), there is an option for Free-Form Search" (it is the first filter called "Expression" ), try to see if you can filter the tuple records from there. When you open that option, you will get a popup box (like you get in case of assignment or validation), see if you get Tuple fields in drop-down over there. if yes, then just filter it there.

I believe Tuple values are not yet shown directly in "Parametric search"

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Feb 3, 2011 10:48 AM

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Feb 3, 2011 12:46 PM