cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to restart an application by programming?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to restart an application by programming as if the user presses the F5 key to refresh? I've try switching between Views, but the end effect is not ideal since the WDDOINIT will not be called again...

Thanks for any comment!

Best wishes,

Zhen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Achievable by using exit plug with same application 's url as url parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give example for that?

Many thanks.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Really you should design your application in such a way that the data initialization is separated enough that it can be called at any time without the need to "reload" the application.

WDDOINIT can be called again upon navigation. The trick is to go to the properties of the view and change the lifetime from framework controlled to When Visible. This will cause the view to be garbage collected as soon as it isn't visible, therefore triggering the WDDOINIT on the next display of this view.

You could also reload the entire application by firing an exit plug with a URL pointing back to this same application (if not in the portal - for the portal you would have to use portal navigation APIs instead of the exit plug).

But I agree that these situations probably shouldn't be used/necessary under most circumstances.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I assume you mean to restart the application with out any user action. I am afraid that there is no such API available to do that. Moreover i am not sure if it is good idea to do that.

Can you explain why do you want to do that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the comment.

The situation is: we build a flex-based application and the flex sends some events to the view. During the switching between views, the view for flex will be destroyed, but the event is sitll coming from a notification server. Then the application says:

---

The ASSERT-Condition is hurt.

SOURCE: DISPATCH_NEW/_EVENT

---

So any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhen,

Don't you have any possibility to unsubscribe for the events ?

regarding the EXIT_PLUG.see this thread

[|]

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What kind of Flex application are we talking about here? How is it integrated in Web Dynpro? Are you using FlashIslands?