cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Coding for New Project Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Today, when I create a new project without specifying a project number, the system generates the following number 14XXXXXXXXXXXXXX2011. I don't know the reason of the first two digits, the X represents an incremental number of the project created and 2011 represents the year.

Does anyone know how to edit this coding project numbering for something more reasonable and for the reality of my project?

Many many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you generating from RPM or cProjects?

If you're generating it by cProjects, try using BADI RPM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS / method "ATTRIBUTE_MODIFY".

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im using cProjects, how can I enter this Badi?

Its necessary to have a developer access key??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create an implementation of BADI: DPR_ATTRIBUTES.

Then method:

- IF_EX_DPR_ATTRIBUTES~SET_DEFAULTS_UPON_CREATION if you create a project from scratch

- IF_EX_DPR_ATTRIBUTES~SET_DEFAULTS_UPON_COPYING if you create a project from a template.

You can here default the project ID.

BR

Matthias

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz,

I know its long that this query was asked & discussed. But still, I hope its not a way very long to recall it now.

I have a scenario, where I want to use pure numeric range like e.g. 01, 02, 03 etc..

For this too I should go for BADI or SNRO is enough.

Kindly guide.

I am using SAP PPM 6.1.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

priyatham_kasu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Refer the help document for the following configuration node under the following path

SAP Portfolio and Project Management --> Global Customizing -->  Portfolio-Independent Settings --> Define Number Ranges for Portfolio Management Objects

Best Regards,

Priyatham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Luiz,

Also I think the 14 indicates that the number represents a project. The first two digits we have seen that it seems to identify the type of object. Roles start with 18 and phases start with 19. I am not sure that I have a complete list of all numbers. It might be in the RPM book we have, but my colleage is using it currently.

This has actually been helpful in some troubleshooting that we've done and getting to know the system better. I thought this information might help you although it is not an answer to your question.

Good luck!

Wendy Miller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Matthias suggested is correct, only there is one problem,

If the user does not save the Project, the number is lost from number range.

From audit perspective its not good.

We had to write this on Save button on some dynpro component.

Niranjan