Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro message manager and popups

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using IF_WD_MESSAGE_MANAGER to issue error messages to screen with methods REPORT_ERROR_MESSAGE and REPORT_EXCEPTION. This works fine and the messages appear on the top of the screen. Both methods have a parameter SHOW_AS_POPUP, but setting this to TRUE does not result in a popup being shown. Does anyone have any idea whether this is supposed to work on 7.01 ?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i am not wrong that will work only with combination of view you supply for the importing parameter view.

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried supplying the view -- this is a oddly a string parameter, so I just supplied the name of the view. It did not work sadly.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to create a new window and new view and needs to give the new view name there.

create message area in teh new view.

check out this thread for more reference.

[|]

thanks

sarbjeet singh

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

I know how to create a popup, I am asking how to get IF_WD_MESSAGE_MANAGER to display a popup. Anyone else had any luck with that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

i have gone through several pages on the SCN. Nothing suggest me that this ever worked the way we think that should work.

You have other work arounds as suggested by the link Sarbjeet provided.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to give another view name's in the parameter to get eh popup.

if you are giving the same view's name it wont create the popup.

so for that i am suggesting you need to create a new window and then give that window's view in the parameter View of the

report_error method.

directly it is not possible to get the popup .

thanks

sarbjeet singh

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi frank,

in wda if we are to get a popup it can only be done once we create a window having a view and call that view as a popup.

so the parameter you are talking should be passed with the name of the view which you created like i just told . it is not so that you provide the view name here and the error message will come in popup.

hope this inofrmation will be helpfull to you .

regards,

sahai.s

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

That did not work either. I think they must have included that parameter just to annoy people. Thanks to everyone for contributing, points are awarded.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Frank,

That should work.

please go to the thread link posted by me in my first post.

there go to the last reply.

there what is required is opening the window2 first manually then calling the message manager with view = view2.

means your view will be opened by you only but the message will come only on the second view.

i know it is not a gud approach.

As we can easily get it done without using the message manger at all and just creating the window as popup.

So yeah you are right they need to modfiy this thing.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree that should work, but there is really now point then since you get nothing for free. I'll just stick to calling my own popup then. We'll let that be the conclustion on this thread, thanks all.

Answers (0)