Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales area and Pricing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would it be correct to assume that:

1. There are n number of Pricing Procedures because of n number of Sales Areas that can exist?

To confirm and ask the following related questions relating to pricing:

1. To re-run pricing, does it mean all condition types in the sales order will be re-run?

If so, is it pricing can be re-run both automatically and manually depending on SPRO config?

2. If a condition type is set as manually entered, what happens or is the behavior when the sales order is created or item first entered in the sales order? What happens if nothing is entered? can the order be saved nevertheless? (I do not have a system access ). Is it that an error message will pop-up and no way to save it?

3. What controls what condition types can be entered manually? Am i right to say the pricing procedure's condition type control settings can allow to set what condition types can be entered manually and only these are allowed?

4. Can pricing type and re-run of pricing be enabled in a Delivery Order or only allowed in Sales Order and Billing Doc?

regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

1. There are n number of Pricing Procedures because of n number of Sales Areas that can exist?

To confirm and ask the following related questions relating to pricing:

No. It depends on the various business processes we have to configure pricing procedure. And one pricing procedure can be assigned to 'n' number of pricing procedures

1. To re-run pricing, does it mean all condition types in the sales order will be re-run?

If so, is it pricing can be re-run both automatically and manually depending on SPRO config?

Re run pricing means updating the pricing in the sales order or billing it can be manually by going to conditions tab or automatically in copy controls

2. If a condition type is set as manually entered, what happens or is the behavior when the sales order is created or item first entered in the sales order? What happens if nothing is entered? can the order be saved nevertheless? (I do not have a system access ). Is it that an error message will pop-up and no way to save it?

In the pricing procedure the condition type has to be configured as MANUAL. when the line item is entered it will ask to enter the manual condition type. Yes the order can be saved without entering a line item.

3. What controls what condition types can be entered manually? Am i right to say the pricing procedure's condition type control settings can allow to set what condition types can be entered manually and only these are allowed?

yOUR PRICING PROCEDURE CONTROLS whether the condition can be entered manually and in V?06 of condition type it has to be configured as manual

4. Can pricing type and re-run of pricing be enabled in a Delivery Order or only allowed in Sales Order and Billing Doc?

Not in delivery only in sales order or billing

regards

Prashanth

Edited by: Prashanth@SD on Feb 3, 2011 5:38 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pascal,

1.a. yes, exactly you are 100% right - it depends on different combinations.

1.1.a. can you explain what is RE-RUN, as per my understanding goes, pricing will be flown through the condition types which in turn flows through condition records. where UPDATE - BUTTON will be there to update the pricing in different circumstances and pricing RE-RUN concept is not there in SAP.

2.a. If the condition type is not entered manually also it will throw an ERROR because of INCOMPLETE PROCEDURE in sales order. in the form of POP UP message and it gives the list of errors in that NET VALUE is for condition types.

3. yes, but before it, we have to consider the definition of PRICING PROCEDURE you have to check MANUAL BOX.

4. if you want to have pricing in DELIVERY ALSO we can have it but we need to check COPY CONTROLS for that. if not it will flow from sales order to billing as a standard procedure.

hope all the queries are solved

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Hi Balajia, by 're-run' , i meant to describe re-pricing. I think the right word is re-pricing as in 'update' the price when there is condition record value changes or pricing date changes(?).

To finalise, re-running of pricing can be manually by clicking the update button or automatically by configuration in copy controls which means no need to click anything. But this only runs 1 time? or is it that pricing is rechecked and re-run when order or billing doc is viewed each time?

Or automatic pricing means only by clicking the update button manually?

regards

Pascal

Edited by: Pascal Gabin on Feb 14, 2011 3:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would it be correct to assume that:

1. There are n number of Pricing Procedures because of n number of Sales Areas that can exist? You can can assign several pricing procedures according to your implementation. You should maintain pricing procedure determination To confirm and ask the following related questions relating to pricing:

1. To re-run pricing, does it mean all condition types in the sales order will be re-run? In under this circumstances: If these condition types maintained in VK11.If so, is it pricing can be re-run both automatically and manually depending on SPRO config? Yes. There is a configuration for it.

2. If a condition type is set as manually entered, what happens or is the behavior when the sales order is created or item first entered in the sales order? What happens if nothing is entered? can the order be saved nevertheless? (I do not have a system access ). Is it that an error message will pop-up and no way to save it? In the pricing procedure if you put a tick to it as mandatory you have to enter it. But if you do not put a tick you do not have to enter a value.

3. What controls what condition types can be entered manually? Am i right to say the pricing procedure's condition type control settings can allow to set what condition types can be entered manually and only these are allowed? You can define/change conditions how ever you want. For example:No limitations, Free, Automatic Entry has a priority, Manuel entry has a priority.

4. Can pricing type and re-run of pricing be enabled in a Delivery Order or only allowed in Sales Order and Billing Doc? Only sales doc and billing

Edited by: Fsmehmet on Feb 3, 2011 4:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pascal,

1 NO. This is not entirely correct. e.g You just have one sales area but still you may have to use various pricing procedures within that sales area.

1.When you update the pricing say for example in a sales order the system gives you a no of options to choose from. e.g you may want to keep all the conditions the same and just redetermine the taxes or keep the manual conditions as they are and redetermine others.

2&3.Whether the condition can be entered as manually or not is controlled in the settings of the condition type and not in the pricing procedure. It can be entered manually and the system will not give an error if its not entered, the error will come only for the conditions ticked required. The tick manual in the pricing procedure just helps in removing it from the display of the procedure but you can still enter it manually.

4. I think its not required to do it at the delivery level.

Regards

Suchait