Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused for importing RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I am new to PI.

I am doing a scenario RFC to JDBC.

Now i am confused with importing the RFC.

SAP(sender) side SWCV is SWC_ECC,

JDBC(receiver) side SWCV SWC_JDBC.

I have imported the RFC in JDBC swcv and did the rest of the scenario, but my confusion is since RFC belongs to SAP(sender) side is that i need to import the RFC in software component of SAP???

Please guide me.

regards

srilak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no hard rule that you need to import the RFC into the SWC defined for SAP only.. and other into JDBC SWC...

As said by udo define dependencies...in SLD between two..

If you follow the some specific design considerations it will help later to enchance or modify the existing components and also help to governance the interfaces..

HTH

Rajesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srilak,

>i need to import the RFC in software component of SAP?

Yes, thats the best approach. Otherwise you have the risc that the same FM could be imported to a couple of SWC, may be in different versions!

A nice trick is to make the 3rd party SWC dependend from the SAP SWC (there is a button "Define Prerequisite SWC" in SLD). Then the FM is allways visible inside the 3rd party SWC but once changed (updated) in SAP SWC the changes appear automaticly in all depended SWC.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is depend upon how u have designed ur SWCV. usually there is common SWCV created for IDOC/RFC which are reused across the different SWCV and make the dependency between SWCV

In ur case u can import the RFC under SAP_ECC SWCV as well and use that.

look at the below blog for better understanding

/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2006/07/25/structuring-integration-repository-content--part-1-software-component-versions

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Feb 3, 2011 6:33 PM

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi silak,

-->Software component will not be different for a single interfaces.

>Your interface is RFC>PI-->JDBC ,you will have only one software component and import your RFC strucutre under imported objects.

-->Software component is like a container which consists of several interfaces which designed.

search in SDN for software component.

Thanks

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>search in SDN for software component

can be assistant for everybody..