Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Menu is blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

We are using Derived role concept, when user loged he unable to get User Menu, it is showing blank,

I have applied SNOTE: 1246860 and 1459115.

Still unable to resolve the issue.

Release: SAP_BASIS 700 SAPKB70022

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you on the entry in table SSM_CUST (ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF)

Regards,

Arpan Paik

22 REPLIES 22

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you on the entry in table SSM_CUST (ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF)

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

In SSM_CUST it is off means no value maintained.

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

0 Kudos

It should be NO. read the note given (380029)

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

Blank means by default is NO right?

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

0 Kudos

I am not sure. May be other people can say that. However I have always seen specific value maintained.

regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

Though I put NO for that entry, still the problem is same....

Another strange thing is, when we click on user compare button of derived role, I am getting popup of user compare done but the date and time is very old, and I am unable to user compare again as I did not find the button in that popup.... it is giving only cancel button.

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

0 Kudos

Do you have proper authorization in S_AGR* objects? In settings of tthe profile generator you can set user comparision to be followed after saving the role. Regarding role user menu suggest you to check other entry in SSM_CUST table. Also search SDN. There should be many topic on the same.

Edited : One more entry is ther (I forgot the name) to on off customer menu or something like that. read the OSS note. It should guide you.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Feb 4, 2011 1:26 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

I have observed, this problem is not due to SSM_CUST table settings.

I tried like removing the existing role of the users and assigned the same roles, then user able to get User Menu.

So my problem now is removing the roles for all users and assigning the same is not good idea.

Do you have any other solution how can we change the assignment of role the current date or buffer adjustment?

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

0 Kudos

You can try mass role comparision via PFUD or report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY. And see if this may bring you luck?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

HI

What happend is, client copy has done from old version to new version, so role assignment to the users are with old dates.

when user logon to system, user menu is not appearing.

If we remove the roles and assign it back then user menu is appearing, it means user buffer date is not getting update.

Though we have run PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY or PFUD, user buffer is not getting update.

After completion of user compare using PFUD, it is giving message, No need to run user compare for this role......

do you have any other idea!

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

0 Kudos

What happend is, client copy has done from old version to new version, so role assignment to the users are with old dates

Still you are looking for idea? This means that the user does not even have access to any role. You have to change these validity then go for a user compare. Now you can either do it by PFCG or by SU01, SU10. The way you like. Have lot to do. And if you are looking for some automate process. Then SECATT/Ecatt depending on the version. But this will also take lot work in excel. Better you do by SU01 or PFCG. Depends roles are more (likely) or the users?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

I have done user compare with using SECATT, means I have assigned each and every role to new test user and done user compare, but this is done in development and Qaultiy systems only.

We should not do this in Production right? so any other idea how can we update user buffer with new validity ?

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

0 Kudos

We should not do this in Production right?

Ideally system should not allow you to do that in prod (SCC4 settings). So manuall way is left I believe.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

I have to admit the situation is still not clear to me.

Have your production users lost access completely to all transactions in all roles or just derived roles?

Have they lost just the menu?

I ask this as it's been a week since you posted the thread - in any other client you would now be hanging from a meathook if the business had been impacted this long...

LSMW or cat script - it matters not which you choose but this must be getting a bit like a living hell

0 Kudos

Hi David

Have your production users lost access completely to all transactions in all roles or just derived roles?

Have they lost just the menu?

No, they lost only User Menu, they able to execute transactions.

I ask this as it's been a week since you posted the thread - in any other client you would now be hanging from a meathook if the business had been impacted this long...

You are right, delay is in my reply on SDN, I have done work around using SECATT.

It is not production system, BASIS colleagues done client copy for UAT (User Acceptance Test) in this client I faced this problem.

My question is what if the same situation if I have to face in Production system ?

@ Arpan

Thank you for all your replies.

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

0 Kudos

You are right, delay is in my reply on SDN, I have done work around using SECATT.

It is not production system, BASIS colleagues done client copy for UAT (User Acceptance Test) in this client I faced this problem.

My question is what if the same situation if I have to face in Production system ?

Well, let me give me some space to smile 1st. I almost burst. Never mind...but why some1 would client copy TO production system? Just think a bit. What will happen to business then?

@David : I thought so far that the roles validity gone but user is getting access via profile (sometimes that happen due many things you know), and for all those bad thing OP must survived for a week. Anyway last post clear everything now.

@ Arpan

Thank you for all your replies.

You are welcome

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try running RSUSR405 through SA38/SE38. This report resets user buffer for all the users in the system.

Regards,

Pawan

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

Thanks for your replies,

One point to your notice, I never said we are doing client copy into production system .

We have written to SAP once it is resolved, I will let you know.

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

Edited by: Firoz Basha on Feb 14, 2011 11:13 AM

0 Kudos

Update:

cause was a weak role design.

Expanding a folder caused MESSAGE_TYPE_X dump:

Termination occurred in the ABAP program "SAPLOLEA" - in "AC_SYSTEM_FLU

The main program was "SAPLSMTR_NAVIGATION ".

In the source code you have the termination point in line 29

of the (Include) program "LOLEAU02".

CASE SY-SUBRC.

WHEN 0.

WHEN 1.

* system_error

MESSAGE ID 'CNDP' TYPE 'X' NUMBER 007 RAISING CNTL_SYSTEM_ERROR.

WHEN 2.

* method_call_error

>>>>> MESSAGE ID 'CNDP' TYPE 'X' NUMBER 006 RAISING CNTL_ERROR.

WHEN 3.

* property_set_error

MESSAGE ID 'CNDP' TYPE 'X' NUMBER 006 RAISING CNTL_ERROR.

WHEN 4.

* property_get_error

Too many entries on the first menu level. so the issue described in note 362883 appeared.

Redesign of menu structure would be the best solution, switches as per a.m. note are just a workaround.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard Hochreiter,

Thank you very much, its working fine.

Thanks & Regards,

Firoz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the risk of having yet another thread in the playground with my reply in it...

Try searching this forum for 'menu' and all dates (Oct 21, 2008 )

regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. check have done reread mend in composite role

2. go to menu extra setting tick or select display technical names