cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous System Copy PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm in the process of doing a homogeneous system copy of PI 7.1 EHP1 (Win/Oracle). Like we did in the past for XI 3.0 or PI 7.0 I try to do it with database specific system copy procedure, means Java Export (SDM files etc., no Jload) and Database Restore. But with PI 7.11 there is no option "Copy the database using database tools" anymore during Java database export in sapinst (also the database specific method is still described in the system copy guide for 7.1 ehp1 abap+java). With 7.11 the only option is to use database independet copy with R3load/Jload. Can anyone confirm this limitation?

Update:

I have now found the solution: Looks like it's not necessary anymore to do a java export from source system when copying with database tools. So you only need the database restore from source system. Can anyone confirm? I will update when my system copy finished successfully...

Regards

Markus

Edited by: Markus Karsch on Feb 3, 2011 5:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

HI,

Do you need to clear SECSTORE before you bring JAVA?

I have an error message in log_bootsratp.0.log:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Configuration entry [bin] can not be found in [cluster_config/system/instances/cu rrent_instance].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Predrag Korac

We have the same issue , were you able to solve it. Can u please let me know the solution

Regards

Prash

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have now found the solution: Looks like it's not necessary anymore to do a java export from source system when copying with database tools. So you only need the database restore from source system. Can anyone confirm? I will update when my system copy finished successfully...

What DVD number do you use?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have used Java Components 51035979 and Kernel/Master 51036476.

Now I could see a new one available on marketplace:

51040434_11 NW 7.11 Inst.Master WIN Server x64 64bit Oracle 10.2/11.2 Info 189188 03.02.2011

Maybe it's only an extract so you don't need to download the whole 8 Kernel DVDs.

But my system copy did work, so with 7.1 you don't need to do any Java export on source system if using database copy method anymore. Only thing you need to be careful with is securestore password which you need to set again in source system (if you don't know the password) before database copy because password needs to be the same which you enter during target system installation.

Regards

Markus

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

We will move this thread to the SAP on Windows forum. Hopefully you will get a better response on that forum.

Regards

XI/PI Moderator