cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change style of ABAP web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to change the style / color of an ABAP Web Dynpro application at one of our customers.

So the standard blue background must be white and the dark blue heading backgrounds should be green for example.

How can I do this?

Is there a guide to do it?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

However five themes are already present in the system by default, you can use them and test whether they satisfy the

requirement.

one that is close to your requirement is the theme sap_chrome.

for using it

go to se80. open the component.

double click on the applciaiton, switch the edit mode.

go to parameters tab. add parameter WDTHEMEROOT and give its value sap_chrome save it.

and run the application and see.

there are two more general themes if you wan tto try.

sap_tradeshow and sap_standard.

and two high contrast themes but they wont be useful here.

if nothing of the above works then you need to create a new theme in themes editor and upload it by using the report

wd_themes.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarbjeet singh,

I have created my own theme.

This theme is a copy of a standard theme and I changed 1 parameter (to test).

Now I want to import it and this is failing.

This is the message:

Only non-importable themes found (with the wrong

version, for example), Do you want to view a

list of these themes?

Is this still supported?

We are on ECC6.0 with SAP NW 7.01 SP 8 (SAPKA70108).

Please advise.

Bart Elshout

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is happening because the version of the theme that you are trying to import is different from the

system version.

Do one thing export the theme from the SAP system itself and then modify it and import it again.

go to se38 and run the report WD_THEMES and click on export and then after exporting it modify it in

eclipse theme editor and upload it again.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarbjeet,

When I follow the steps you have mentioned I cannot export anything because it looks like there is nothing in our system.

I cannot find the default standard themes of SAP like sap_chrome...

When I try to export something via se38 --> WD_THEMES --> there is nothing in the list and when I push the export I am getting the message: "You have not selected any themes for export". This is true, I am not able to select anything from an empty list.

I there a way to export the sap_chrome system?

Bart

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is strange.

Do one thing, click on i information button beside the export button

and check the version required by the theme to be uploaded.

then create a theme of same version and import it.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sarbjeet,

se38 --> WD_THEMES --> are empty in my case also.

I am new to webdynpro. Will you please tell me how can we create new theme for the application, where we can define our own css.

Hey Bart, you have created theme for your WDA, Please share the process you have completed to do so.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use SE38->BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS to download the standard themes for example from mime repository path /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/nw5/themes/sap_tradeshow. You can see mime repository in SE80->MIME Repository.

You need to use the eclipse theme editor available here :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=%2Flibrary%2Fuuid%2Fb08a05ec-e24a-2d10-189e-f5c6bcbf39a...

and follow the guide here: 

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20a2a76b-ed4b-2d10-cba4-95081113a...

to create your own.

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Even i have done the same process for changing background theme for web dynpro application.

My requirement is to upload background image for the theme , i achieved it by changing the css file and uploading back to the custom folder and calling folder in application parameter.

But i am facing lot of issues listed below.

1.)In the application F4 help, pop up window and dropdown are not working

2.)Even for standard applications also facing similar situation

I don't know how to resolve this issue?

My SAP System version is SAP-BASIS Release 702  Level 007

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link Step by step to change ABAP webdynpro background color which might help you.

Thanks

KH

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have two options to change the WD Design or look and feel.

1. Use one of the standard theme provided by SAP.

2. Create or edit the standard theme with Eclipse Editor according to your requirement and use with your WD Component.

Regards,

Chandan

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Bart Elshout,

you will need to change the theme of the portal and den you will have to assign it to the wda application of yours.

use this link i found this article very useful

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/136dd890-0201-0010-1b9d-bd09a0d3b...

regards,

sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart ,

Check this out might can help you.

[Custom themes for Web Dynpro ABAP applications without SAP Enterprise Portal integration|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/136dd890-0201-0010-1b9d-bd09a0d3b1d8]

[ECLIPSE THEME EDITOR|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/136dd890-0201-0010-1b9d-bd09a0d3b1d8]

Thanks & REgards,

Monishankar C

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This may be helpful if you have portal where you can create the theme.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/7015b1f9-535c-2910-c8b7-e681fe75aaf8

also you can use nwds eclipse theme editor to create the theme. then apply it in your WDA application.

thanks

sarbjeet singh