cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How data is saved in Java based SAP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody explains me what all data is saved at Database level and at file system level in Java based system and there dependencies ( may be EP / a dual stack / only Java) briefly?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal

I don't know exactly what you wish to know but I'll give it a shot to give some explanation.

In a dual stack central instance installation you will find the j2ee files under:

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<instance no>/j2ee

In a java only central instance installation you will find the j2ee files under:

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<instance no>/j2ee

In a dual stack dialog instance installation you will find the j2ee files under:

/usr/sap/<SID>/D<instance no>/j2ee

In a java only dialog instance installation you will find the j2ee files under:

/usr/sap/<SID>/J<instance no>/j2ee

The folders beneath j2ee like j2ee/cluster/server0 and j2ee/cluster/dispatcher will be filled when the Java based SAP system is started up for the first time.

When you create a new server node 1 the j2ee/cluster/server1 folder structure will be created after a stop/start of your Java based SAP system.

The content of those files is also available in the database. Applications and services and so on will be written on different locations in the filesystem.

Most common practice is that everything is deployed on the database also which makes it possible to recreate the filesystem folders/files in case they get corrupted (for example when server0 node would not start up properly anymore because some files have been deleted).

There is no difference in filesystems between an Enterprise Portal and a Java only SAP system with another usage type.

Kind regards

Tom