Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS PORTAL PROBLEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two queries in ESS portal :

1. In Field control for additional receipt information there is no time option. In one of expense type we need the time field also along with dates and description. Please suggest to add the same.

2. Earlier the system use to through error message with maximum rates while pressing the Check button, if the user puts rate beyond maximum limit. But after upgrade to EHP4 system is showing a Java exception without saving data. Please suggest to get the error messages instead of Java exception.

Regards

Prakash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the first query, I do not think there is any standard solution. However if you just want to capture the start time and the end time, then you can very well do so in any of all the description fields that are there for any expense type. In no way you can put a check based on that as expense type amount limits does not have any check based on time intervals.

For the second query, I suggest you put this in OSS for SAP to respond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

I have received the following reply from SAP market place. Please suggest what is missing and how to rectify the same.

We had processed checking in your system and found under

V_T7XSSSERRES, for all travel related entries do not

have PCD maintained.

Kindly check customizing in the backend, and please make sure

the field 'URL of PCD Page' has valid value.

Regards

Prakash.

0 Kudos

Please check the customizing table V_T7XSSSERRES (Define Resources), and the resource for the Web Dynpro application "My trips and Expenses" If the field "Window Name" is empty,then this will be problematic.

So, you have to go to the view V_T7XSSSERRES and maintain for the resource

EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_EXPENSES_SRV_12 the URL parameter sap.xss.tra.TripSchema=01 or whichever number your schema has!

You can also check this via IMG

Travel Management

Employee Self-Services

Homepage Framework

Resources

Define Resources >> Add Entries

In case you need it, the standard PCD role is

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.

bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.

travel_expenses/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.expenses.

0 Kudos

And further - 1124849 and 1124849 will guide you quite well!