Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.1 Java Stack down and the abap stack throws 'SQL Exception' error

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There are couple of instances, when the java stack went down completely (ESR, ID and RWB were not working). But we were able to login to ABAP stack.Even in the ABAP stack, 'sql error on the database occured when accessing' error message was thrown sometimes when the java stack was down. Basis team told the file /db2/OXD/db2dump became full. Later it was resolved by restarting the system. We are on PI 7.1.

Any idea why this error occurs? Has anyone faced the same issue before?

Regards,

Aarthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member342243
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are also facing similar problem on our Development System. [SAP PI7.11 SP09]

Our Basis team increased the system memory to 25GB, But still we are facing this problem.

Could anyone please tell us in this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

I have seen in some cases when insufficient space and free memory cause the server to hang.

Since your Basis team has added additional space it might be caused by a users selection and execution criteria.

Usually it's caused by heapdump and javacore files that need to be cleared from directories  /usr/sap/SID/<Instance>/j2ee/cluster/server0/.

They should be monitoring and have threshold alerts for these file systems to be cleaned out before they cause server issues and the server needs to be bounced.

My guess for the SQL errors on the ABAP side is due to the server not being able to connect to the DB during the time of the issue and re-start.

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

We have this issue that our java stack goes down frequently, we are monitoring space in /j2ee/cluster/servern its good but still java goes down . We are not able to find the root cause.

Our system has 26 GB memory and out of which 9 GB around stays free.

Still Java goes down. Any idea on that?

Thanks

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI arathy,

R u still facing the issue.

Regards

Lakshminarayanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say to check the db2dump directory to see which are the large files being created . I have seen Java going into hang state or going down when it cannot write any logs(file system full).