Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ora 00984

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

I have pi 7.1 and have an IDOC to JDBC.

I am trying to put an insert statement to the DB.

the mapping test is working fine and finish successfully.

when I try to run the IDOC I see in the SXMB_MONI the error

"...ora 00984:column not allowed here"

any suggestions?

Kfir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kfir,

This seems to be data related issue. The data which you passing from XI to Database put directly it in the database using SQL query. Or check what is the data type of the table fields in the oracle database and what you are passing over there. Means you

might be passing text into numeric field.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An ORA-00984 will be thrown if a column name (like in the VALUES clause of an INSERT statement), is used in an expression where it is not permitted. You may have used a column name in an expression where it is not permitted. Typically, ORA-00984 occurs while including a column name in the VALUES clause of an INSERT statement.

To correct ORA-00984, you simply need to view the syntax of the SQL statement and only use column names where they are appropriate.

You may also find it appropriate to include a character value, in the INSERT statement, instead of the column name.

Regards,

Pinangshuk.

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kfir,

Check the syntax of the insert statement and use column names only where appropriate.

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kfir,

the mapping test is working fine and finish successfully.
when I try to run the IDOC I see in the SXMB_MONI the error

Looks like your insert statement is not correctly formed. Check this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm and make your target Data type as shown there.

Regards

Suraj