cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Line Monitoring of maintanance plans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are scheduling stability samples & test equipment calibration through transaction IP10.

After that we run the transaction IP30 (with back ground program) giving input of manitainance plan scheduled in IP10 to trigger inspection lots automatically on desired due dates.

My question is-

Is it neccessary to run transaction IP30 to schedule maintainance plans in background with time & date as input to trigger inspection lots on due dates after running IP10.

Without executing transaction IP30 can we trigger the inspection lots automatically?

If it is possible, plz explain the transaction & the process.

Your help is highly appriciated.

Regards

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction IP30 is the BDC(batch data conversion) program for transaction IP10.

So you don't need to run IP10 before running IP30.

Is it neccessary to run transaction IP30 to schedule maintainance plans in background with time & date as input to trigger inspection lots on due dates after running IP10.

> Yes, you have to run transaction IP30 to create inspection lots automatically on due dates.

Without executing transaction IP30 can we trigger the inspection lots automatically?

If it is possible, plz explain the transaction & the process.

> Not possible in SAP standard transaction.

You can develop a program for BDC for trasaction IP10 but not neccessary.(Because transaction IP30 exist for it.)

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

IP30 is best way to trigger the inspection lots by setting up background job thru SM36/SM37. IP10 is manual trigger and eveyr time you have to run this transaction to trigger the inspection lots.

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding is IP10 is manual triggering of the maintainace plan?( hence inspection lot) where as in IP30 you give the input to run it in background.

Now I am not very clear what you have done but

1.In IP10 you can create variant & run through SM37.

or

2.Without going to IP10 execute the things in IP30 in background.

You can also create a create variant & run through SM37 for IP30

I hope this will add some value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I know that there is provision of variance creation in IP30. But I did not see it in IP10.

Regards

Vivek