cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Solution manager 4.0, cant log in with sap* or ddic

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed SolMan 4.0 with Java+Abap stack. I am not able to log in with sap* nor ddic. I need to delete sap* from the Oracle table but I cant find the table.

I am attempting the following statement to no avail.

DELETE from SAPR3.USR02 where mandt='000'

and bname = 'SAP*';

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Please help me!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First try to log in with SAP* or DDIC onto clients 000 or 001 with the master installation password.

If those users are now locked that you will have to follow the instructions, as suggested above and log in with SAP* and password pass.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, excellent and thanks, I had the same problem and I resolve with this comments. You must do:

1) Erase sap* row from your DBMS

2) Update parameters file with values indicate.

3) Enter sap* and pass as password.

Regards,

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logon to your database with orasid as user id and run this sql

delete from sapSID.usr02 where bname='SAP*' and mandt='001';

commit;

After you do this you will be able to login using SAP* with password PASS.

Please check whether no_automatic_login_ sap*(not the exact name of the parameter) is enabled.incase if it is change that.

Regards,

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

After deleting the rows for 000 and 001 and commit, it still wont let me log in as PASS nor pass. I am able to view the table and the records are definately deleted. Any other ideas? Is the default password different in NW04s?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing exactly the same problem. i deleted the entry for SAP* in client 000 and 001 from table SAPSR3.USR02.

now in SAPGUI upon logon using SAP*, i no longer get message: "Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts". but with password "PASS" i still can't logon to client 001 or 000.

does anyone know how to get around this problem? thanks much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed it finally. It so stupid that the install document doesnt mention this. If anyone has the Note that covers this, please provide.

But, you have to add 2 pesky little parameters to the DEFAULT.PFL. It goes like this.

login/failed_user_auto_unlock = 1

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

Then bounce it. You will be able to login with sap* and PASS.

I hate the SAP documentation. I wasted a whole day on this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ronnie,

thank you so much for the tips on the parameters. it worked like a charm for me.

regards,

wentao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx. You save my time . Just few minutes I solved the problem after read your answer. thanks a lot

Ravi

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

login/failed_user_auto_unlock = 1

means that wait till midnight for SAP* to unlock and then enter the password as PASS.

But is restarting the system from OS level mandatory??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I have figured out that the schema is different in NW04s. Its sapsr3.usr02 instead of sapr3.usr02. I deleted the sap* row from 000 and 001. When I try to login via sap* it still says

Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts

Any help is appreciated.