cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing AS JAVA on ABAP Distribute system existing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I had a distribute system model (AS ABAP ERP 6.0 - not AS JAVA) running on 2 server (using OS Redhat Enterprise 5.4 64bit)

The first server (called A) is The Global Host Preparation, Central Instance

and the Second server (Called B) is Database Instance (DB Oracle 10G R2) and Gateway

-> They working fine

And now, I want to install AS JAVA on this distribute system (UME using ABAP).

I read documents for Installation Guides but i don't understand following issue

When I run ./SAPINST -> SAP ERP 6.0 -> SAP System -> Oracle -> Distribute Sysem -> Based On AS JAVA include :

+ SCS Instance

+ DB Instance

+ Central Instance

I need your advise and my question:

I don't know where SCS Instance is installed ( Server A or Server B above)

I don't know where DB Instance is installed ( Server A or Server B above)

I don't know where Central Instance is installed ( Server A or Server B above)

Thanks and best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that you want to add java add in on existing ABAP system. In this case you need to select option in additionla s/w lifecycle Additonal Java add in.. This will add Java instance on existing ABAP system.

For the above scenario You can install SCS on Server A & Java Database schema will add in current database instance.

./SAPINST -> SAP ERP 6.0 -> SAP System -> Oracle -> Distribute Sysem -> Based On AS JAVA This option will install new sap system <SID> on the host which i think is not your requirement.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Java add in (dual stack) is no more supported for ERP6.

The Java system has to be installed as a separate stack with its own SID.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Java Add-in is still supported if it is a plain ERP 6.0 system. I believe this restriction starts from ERP 6.0 EHP4. Applies for a set of systems labelled under Netweaver business suite 7.0 (EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0, SAP CRM 7.0, SAP SCM 7.0, SAP PLM 7.0, SAP SRM 7.0). OSS note 855534 atleast states that.

I personally can see the option of Java Add-in for an ERP 6.0 SR3 on the installation master.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, even if it is still possible to install a dual stack system, my opinion and advice is to avoid it at all prices because it is broken by design...

There is a good reason why SAP changed their minds about dual stack : experience from existing dual stack systems.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with. that point Performance is a major issue with dual stack boxes but still you can't do away with them in certain cases like SOLMAN atleast as of now

Back to the question..

In any case if only UME needs to be pointed to an ABAP stack then it can be done with a new Java system with different SID and the configuration can be done at the time of installation.

Anyways if still dual stack is what needs to be done then have the JAVA database instance on the same box as current database and SCS and Central Instance on the other server.

Java Add-in installation would also ask you to create SCS,Database and Central Instance for the add-in.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member196353
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ther,

If we are doing Ecc5 upgrade (ABAP +JAVA) then how to sepreate Abap and Java on two different hosts do we need to do this prior to upgrade or after upgrade. Pelase advise.

Regards,

Shahed

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohammed,

I would do it before, combined ABAP + Java upgrades are quite complex, it's easier to upgrade them one-by-one in separate systems.

former_member196353
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Yes I completely agree with you to split Abap and Java on two different servers and then do the upgrade

Could you please give me some starting points of how to split the current Abap+Java into two differnt systems.

Do I perform System copy based on Abap one one host and then a seperate Jload export to make Java Stack?

Iam not sure how to proceed... please advise.

Regards,

Shahed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what you describe you are installing an completely new SAP system, this one Java, on the same hardware you used to install you ABAP SAP system. As such you must install it with a different SID and system number than the existing system to avoid filesystem and network port clashes.

Presumably you have used a distributed model for the ABAP stack for a sensible reason in which case the same reason applies to the new Java stack.

In that case you would install the Central Services Instance (SCS) on Server A

You would install the Database instance on Server B

and the Central instance on Server A

After installation you would reconfigure the Java system to use the ABAP system as it's UME.

Best of luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on the architect to decide how it should be. Since ABAP is already installed in the same server, check where did they installed ASCS. You can install SCS for JAVA accordingly.