cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping and recreating Baldat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

We are facing a problem where our Baldat size is more.We cannot perform the reorg because of the shortage of space availability i.e. I cannot even add the space to perfrorm any reorg activity.The only option I m thinkng is to drop the table and recreate the same with its required structure and definitions as that is only option left out to claim the space used by Baldat.

Kindly suggest the document or link or steps to perform the activity or any suggestion where I can claim the space.

I had deleted all the data from SLG2 but this wil not provide me the space utilised by the table.

Eageerly waiting for your response.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just dropping the table is not a very good idea, because it will leave at least the entries in BALHDR inconsistent. I suppose you will need to add more disk in midterm anyway. Maybe it would be best to start deleting and deactivating unused log records AND start adding disks in the same time.

As soon as you have deleted a high percentage of the table (>> 50%) you can think about reorganising it.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had deleted all the data

This means there are 0 entries now?

In this case a reorg won't take much space.

But I would start with a reorganisation of the indexes of baldat, to gain a bit of space. Just try it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NO there are no 0 entries, i had maintained the entries of last 15 days.For reorg of 60GB I guess, i would alteast require some tablespace which is not available.

Regards,

Amit