Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Bin for Putaway problem

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Hope you guys can help me out with this issue.

I have 3 level racks and at the 1st level all the bins should allocate a specific material say I have 5 bins and materials A, B, C, D, E, should be placed in there in that order say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 that means material A cant be placed in bin 2, 3, 4 nor 5 only in bin 1 and material B only in bin 2... and so on

The problem if I use putaway strategy F "Fixed bin" say for material A is that when bin 1 is full, the strategy "turns" to next empty bin, and if bin 2 is available then it will go to bin 2, and this is wrong because in bin 2 there should be only material B

If the "fixed" bin is full the system should go and look for some other bin but in the 2nd or 3rd level not in the first "fixed" level

I can allow addition to stock neither mixed storage, therefore if there is material in one bin no matter if it is full or not (we are checking bin capacity) system should try to find other empty bin

Is there a way to exclude some bins from the putaway search strategy, or to define a range of bins on which the system should look for putaway?

Please advise on how to solve this issue

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You could possibly put bins 1,2,3,4 and 5 in seperate storage sections and then with the other bins at the different levels put them in to the same st sections and use the st section search so that if bin 1 is in section 001 and bin 2 is in 002 etc then mat A will not go to section 002 it will find the next bin in section A

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try two storage types.

001 "Fixed Bin" placement strategy for the first low level bins ( no mixed materials - settings at storage type)

002 Near fixed bin for the second storage type (for the levels & bins above)

The configure a placement strategy to look in 001 then in 002

James

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Frenchy I think this would work perfectly, if I have problem later when testing I will come back to you but I think the concept should work.

Regards

Answers (0)