cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI history problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a single computer on which the SAPGUI history functionality does not work. PC is running Windows XP, SP 3 and SAPGUI 7.10 patch 9. I have read through all SDN posts and OSS notes on the subject of SAPGUI history, but cannot find a fix to this specific problem. I ran a SAPGUI trace on the computer and found the following message:

CSapHistoryDb::GetHistoryList: Microsoft JET Database Engine Unknown

SQL Server 2005 is installed on the computer, which I suspect has something to do with the error.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan

for the first, please check, if the databse is created new, when you delete the old database file,

and if you start the saplgogn again.

The databse file must be created automatically.

IF not, then please follow the notes

#199527 and

Best Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Sven. I have already scoured the Internet and tried all recommended fixes that I came across. Specifically, I have done the following:

- uninstall/reinstall SAPGUI 7.10

- upgrade to SAPGUI 7.20

- deleted .mdb file and verified it is recreated on user logon

- Reviewed note 199527 and attempted all recommendations.

- Reviewed note 1176026. The test program did not create the database.

- Reviewed note 931540. MDAC installation was repaired and the problem still occurs.

Any ideas on how to get SAPGUI and the histor.mdb talking to each other?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member696936
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This may have been checked but in the SAP GUI go to the little colored monitor "Customize Custom Layout"

Choose Options, The Local Data TAB, and insure that History is checked on and that it has a good path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Richard. Yes, that was one of the first things I checked and it was configured correctly. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier.