cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Alias Password Not Saving

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on 12.1.8 of MII. I have set up a JCO System Connection pointing to my dev sap system. I went out and created a credential with a valid user id and password into the SAP system I set up for JCO connectivity.

When I try to run a JCO Interface in a BLS using my JCO system Connection I set up and the crednetial I set up, it keeps coming up with 'Name or password incorrect'. After a coply of tries it is locking my user id out of SAP and I have to unlock it. So it is recognizing my userid, just not my password.

I am sure I have used the correct password because over in R/3 I can get in. In R/3 I am set up with SAP_ALL.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes there is an issue with password case and various JCo/R3 version combinations. Try entering the password in all uppercase. If that fails try possibly changing the password for the SAP account to an all uppercase password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No go. Thanks for the responce.

I spoke to one of my colleagues and he said this was a bug back in 12.1.1 version. Could be it is back in 12.1.8.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Did you also upgrade NW to SP5? I believe that is a requirement for 12.1.8.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I can tell we are on NW CE 7.1 SR5. Is that SP 5?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

The joint upgrades of MII and NW involved security changes. Can you post a screen shot of the "Enter ID and Password" you keep receiving? You may have to change a flag in NW to fix that problem. I suggest that you open a ticket and post the screen shots there as well.

One other item, try using your MII ID and password the next time the screen pops up. If that solves your security issue, then the specific flag is identified. There might even be a note by now.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I'm working with Brad on this project and the pop-up that we get doesn't allow for a userid/password to be entered. The pop-up reads "JCOProxy error: No credential alias defined" and the only option is to press "OK" to get past the message. After three attempts the userid gets locked in R/3 so the issue appears to be just the password saved with the alias.

I've opened a ticket in the service marketplace and received a request from SAP to send an R/3 logon trace. I generated one and attached it to the message but haven't heard back (response time from SAP has been very slow).

Do you have any other suggestions or ideas that might help us?

Thanks.

Brian

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I think the ticket will have to work its way through. It is probably a result of the security changes from 12.1.7 to 12.1.8 and NW SP3 to SP5. Let me know if the response is slow. And please post the results of the ticket when you get them.

Thanks,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to reset JCOProxy if you haven't done it earlier.You can do this as mentioned below:

http://<server>:<port>/XMII/JCOProxy?Mode=Reset

-Suresh