cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Workflow - Approval on role level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I have a question regarding the design/capabilities of CUP.

Scenario:

Stage 1 - based on Functional Area --> approval on request level

Stage 2 - based on organisational area of role --> approval on role level

===========================================

In stage 2, the person A receives the request with all the roles (let's say 10). Out of these 10 roles, there are 3 within his area. I understand that 7 are greyed out and therefore only approval for "his" 3 roles is required.

Here come the questions:

- If I set the stage to "mitigation enforced", a risk analysis needs to be performed. That Risk Analysis will deliver risks that derive from all 10 roles or only the 3?

- Since approval needs to be given for the other 7 roles as well by person B, the request is forwarded to person B once the person A approves. What is the order that CUP applies here? Who gets the request first? I know that the request is not split and parallel processing does not take place since I do not use different initiators... so it must be some kind of order that is applied.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Mo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mo,

The risk analysis is always performed on full CUP request. It does not care @ who is the approver at that point.

Also, role owner level approval always happens parallely. You should try this and you will see it. There is no order. Both person A and person B can approve the request at same time.

Regards,

Alpesh