cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gui TimeOut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I'm new here in the Forum and in the SAP World.

I have a problem in some computers in my network

In Idle session ,the connection is broken and show me a error.

Something like this:

"PRD: connection to partner '10.80.80.888:sapdp00' broken

Time Mon Jan 24 10:01:28 2011

Component NI ( network interface)

Realease 720

Version 40

Module nixxi.cpp

Line 4970

Method NilRead P=10.80.80.88:3200; L=0.0.0.0:1900

Return Code -6

System Call recv

Error No 10053

Error Text WSAECONNABORTED:Software caused connection abort

Counter 1

"

Anyone have some idea about this??

Tks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the SAP note..

Note 1139596 - SAP GUI: Connection to partner 'sapserver:sapdp00' broken

Regards

Bhuban

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any kind of firewall between you and your SAP system? On windows there is the windows firewall too!

Regards

DanielleLarocca
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with my laptop where it disconnects every 10 minutes saying relationship to partner broken. The crazy part is - it only happens when I am at home on my wireless. When I am on any other connection (wireless or wired) I do not get kicked off. I do not lose connection to anything else just the SAP GUI. Any help is appreciated.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using SAPGUI 7.20 with latest patch (4) installed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, 7.20 patch 4 in all computers

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you seeing anything in SM21 on your SAP servers?

are you seeing a *.trc file created on your C: drive of your workstation?

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've seen this behavior before when users are idle ~20 minutes.

Look at system parameter rdisp/keepalive, which defaults to 1200 seconds (20 minutes). Look also at system parameter rdisp/keepalive_timeout, which defaults to 60 seconds. When a SAPGUI is idle for 20 minutes, the server sends a ping to make sure it is just idle and still there and did not get disconnected somehow. If there is no answer within 60 seconds, the session is considered dead and disconnected.

We've seen some odd behavior with DNS when someone has used multiple interfaces (wired and wireless usually) within a small timeframe. Normally this would happen when someone is wired, picks a laptop up off the docking station and goes wireless, then comes back later and re-docks going wired again. For some reason we get a round-robin DNS lookup and the IP address which is pinged after 20 minutes is somewhat random. Sometimes the ping is sent to an inactive interface/IP and ignored and the session is terminated.

You could test to see if this is happening to you by increasing the values of those 2 parameters. You might also see hostnames instead of IP addresses in AL08.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,here yours answered

are you seeing anything in SM21 on your SAP servers?

In the time when broken connection i see many error like a "Operating system call recv failed (error no 10054)"

are you seeing a *.trc file created on your C: drive of your workstation?

No,i dont see any *.trc in my computer

Eric,tks a lote for to reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian

I See the parameter rdisp/keepalive and the value is 1200

rdisp/keepalive_timeout is 60 too

And i understant what you say , and this don´t happend here.For example in my computer is just wired.I see too the al08 and all i see is hostnames..

😕

I think its the firewall

tnks a lote your reply, and sorry my bad english (i from brazil)

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you suspect a firewall issue, please consult SAP note 1139596 and the notes it references to setup some testing using niping. We received a similar complaint from one of our remote locations in China. When we tested, there was no issue. It turned out to be some local anti-virus software they were running which also did some client firewalling. Disabling the software corrected the issue.

Brian