SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a clinical document, attaching an external PDF

paolo_romano2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

is possible to define a clinical document from N2T6 and using it to upload a file into SAP (using KPro) and viewing it from

n203 document list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member208581
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Paolo,

the easiest way to achieve this is quite pretty simple. The basic idea is to store the document in an archive. Either you use an external archiving system or the built-in Document management sytem (KPRO) or the SAP standalone system content server.

After uploading the PDF to the archive you use the BAPI BAPI_MEDDOC_CREATE_LINK to create a link to the archived PDF file.

It appears now in the document list (transaction N202), document views or the patient organizer. By clicking the document, the archive viewer is opened and shows your file.

Hope this helps.

For further help you may consider to contact Siemens Healthcare.

With best regards,

Axel Biernat

Knowledge Transfer - Product Commercialize

Siemens AG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

former_member208581
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Paolo,

the easiest way to achieve this is quite pretty simple. The basic idea is to store the document in an archive. Either you use an external archiving system or the built-in Document management sytem (KPRO) or the SAP standalone system content server.

After uploading the PDF to the archive you use the BAPI BAPI_MEDDOC_CREATE_LINK to create a link to the archived PDF file.

It appears now in the document list (transaction N202), document views or the patient organizer. By clicking the document, the archive viewer is opened and shows your file.

Hope this helps.

For further help you may consider to contact Siemens Healthcare.

With best regards,

Axel Biernat

Siemens AG

0 Kudos

thx a lot for very useful info!

I wonder if there is a way to achieve that from standard...I can create from N2T6 an order type to accept PDF files...and the mask of creation of such order in N201 has a field named 'File Name' ... I expected this uploaded the document in KPRO or, at least, created the link, but it doesnt seems to work

any helps???

Regards,

Paolo

0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

in the standard i.s.h.med product there is no interfaces available for your scenario. But this does not mean that your requirement cannot be implemented. Moreover a custom development solution can provide your solution.

For that one more information on your installation of i.s.hmed and your requirement are necessary.

Feel free to contact me by email (see profile).

With best regards,

Axel Biernat

Siemens AG

0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

thank you very much for your explanation, now it's clear to me that we must develop this part,but this is not a problem.

We're currently running ECC 6.0 Ehp 4, with ISHMED installed too...we're of course in a hurry so I think our best choice is to develop our own solution for that, using your useful info for that.

Best Regards,

Paolo

0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

Currently, i am in the same situation that you about "Create a clinical document, attaching an external PDF".

Previously, just like you, I created from N2T6 an order type to accept PDF files...and saved KPRO across DMS_C1_ST ... and from N201 i wont upload the PDF, but without any result.

I wonder if you could solve the problem and how.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos

Well, ray, hasn't been an easy task at all...I tried to replicate the steps for you:

- I did an enhancement in source LCVBAPIF04 in form INIT_API_CONTROL to set the LOAD_FLAG of structure PS_BAPI_CONTROL which is used in FM

API_DOCUMENT_MAINTAIN2.

.this flag currently is not set by BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2, which is the BAPI called internally in BAPI_MEDDOC_CREATE_LINK;

- I also made an implementation of Badi DOCUMENT_API_MAPPING to set the DOKVR field that was missed in some point and to clear the internal file name, that the system set = to the external one(that is wrong in our case);

- Implement the user exit EXIT_SAPLN230_001 of enhancement N2DOKB01 to call the FM BAPI_MEDDOC_CREATE_LINK.

hope this help

send a private message if u want the source code

Regards,

Paolo

Edited by: Paolo Romano on Apr 5, 2011 4:00 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

I was reading your thread on ISH storage. We were discussing the go-live of the electronic patient filing (sapn1patorg). It is however not clear where the default document storage resides and how this can be moved to an external repository.

Can you point me in the right direction?

best regards,

Richard