cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed description of what the CDESK parameters control

0 Kudos

Hi, We are working on configuration of CAD integrations to SAP using the CAD Desktop. Can somebody guide me to a detailed description (paragraph or two) of what each of these parameters does? http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/39/52e042a2e95b44a1170f57e461fbf7/content.htm

These simple one line descriptions are not sufficient. We are still left with questions as to what functionality the parameters controls.

Thanks,

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Joseph

The CDESK parameters are basically for setting up default setting when u want to exchange data between CAD & SAP & Vice versa also it helps in creating Objects like material master, BOM using the parameters u have set .

for example u want to pass the cad file name as a parameter for DIR document discrption in SAP.

This is to automate the process of creating DIR, SAP objects etc, the parameter are many but it depends on what exactly your requirements are. i believe more details of this is available with the specific CAD connectors documentation u would have received.

Thanks

john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats true not much insight is given in to what each of the parameters is used for. What makes it difficult is not all 3rd party integration / connectors support all these parameters.

For example,

CDESK_DOST_WITH_ECM: This sets the configuration for creating a Change number right during the creation of a part if you are using a 3rd party integration tool that supports this functionality (depends on your CAD tool and respective integration software.

CDESK_RENAME_FILES... This explicitly throws a pop up message asking you to give your newly created part a new name. (default name is something like 001.prt etc)

I had to do it the hard way by trail and error for each till I got to what I actually needed and obviously what you need are defined by your requirements. post back if you have any specific questions.

regards,

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.