cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SPM Reporting Flex included in the SAP Roadmap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh, Rohit,

A quick question here regarding the SPM Flex reporting tool and whether this has been included in SAP's Roadmap strategy for the future. I can't see any mention of it in any presentations or literature. Concerns over whether it will become obsolete, etc. Can't see it as the integration to other advanced features such as Spend Advisor and E-Sourcing is vital.

Any advice welcome.

Best regards,

Pom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pom,

Customer and partners have asked this question a few times before and a very valid one. Nothing is a grantee, and I am no fortune teller. As and when new technologies emerge SAP will evaluate them to weigh their benefits against existing choices. Having said all of that, this architecture of delivering the flex UI for end users and using NW BW as the data warehouse is gaining popularity. So Adobe Flex based UI is here to stay at least for the near future.

Starting mid this year you will see other applications in EPM (Enterprise Performance Management Suite) use this architecture and technology. Some of them are already on this band wagon. In fact SPM UI is being separated and this UI will be used by the other application. Meaning all applications will have the same look and feel.

Hope this helps

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pom

I hope it is understood that this is a official product from SAP and comes with the full standard support. As per which there are standard predefined criteria for obsoletion.

I would highly recommend that you schedule a call with SAP by contacting your official SAP contact (on the customer or partner side, wherever you might belong) and set up a meeting to understand details of the support and roadmap for this product and its components.

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (0)